Sonic Electronix

Help With Ideas For Installing Headunit In 2000 Cavalier

just acc to wiper fuse.

On the headunit theres a battery and a 12 volt switched wire what should i do? Just twist them both together and make a run to the battery? I dont know about splicing into other stuff. When i do twist them together and find power the headunit says malfunction or something... I really want this up and going soon

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Just T-tap your accessory wire in your ignition harness. If that is too much trouble, go to the fuse box with your red (acc) wire & use the wiper fuse or a fuse that powers up with the car on.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Just T-tap your accessory wire in your ignition harness. If that is too much trouble, go to the fuse box with your red (acc) wire & use the wiper fuse or a fuse that powers up with the car on.

Theres two accessory wires.... Just twist them together???

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

the only one that matters is the one connected to the radio itself. if there is one on the chevy harness ignore it

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the only one that matters is the one connected to the radio itself. if there is one on the chevy harness ignore it

Theres two of them on the hu itself. Battery wire and 12volt switch. Its an alpine cda 9874

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Correct. The red wire on the cars wiring harness will not work & is not needed. Just hook up your red wire on the wiring harness from the radio to your fuse box. Those Stupid ass Chevy data lines are a pain in the ass.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Theres two of them on the hu itself. Battery wire and 12volt switch. Its an alpine cda 9874

battery wire should be the yellow constant the 12v switched should be the red acc that you need to run a wire to the fuse box

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Correct. The red wire on the cars wiring harness will not work & is not needed. Just hook up your red wire on the wiring harness from the radio to your fuse box. Those Stupid ass Chevy data lines are a pain in the ass.

Ok so just ignore the other wire altogether. Im not talking about the factory harness.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

NO NO NO. What do you have? Did you buy a cheap wiring harness for like $10 from walmart. If so, the red wire on that harness will not work! Hook all other wires up normally including the yellow wire. Run the red wire off of your deck to the fuse box. PM me your phone # & I'll explain it to you.

dj2q.jpg

NO NO NO. What do you have? Did you buy a cheap wiring harness for like $10 from walmart. If so, the red wire on that harness will not work! Hook all other wires up normally including the yellow wire. Run the red wire off of your deck to the fuse box. PM me your phone # & I'll explain it to you.

pm'd

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts