Gregggg Posted April 2, 2009 Report Posted April 2, 2009 I am getting 2 Type Rs and I was wondering whether box tuned @ 35hz is reasonable but a car audio worker recommended a box tuned @ 40hz would be fine but I thought 40hz was more for competition. I mainly listen to hip-hop/rap and I listen to it daily. I was wondering what your opinions were on a box tuned @ 35hz vs a box tuned @ 40hz? Thanks Greg 2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6 Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way Component System Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691 Speaker Amp - DD C4b Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz Sub Amp - DD M2A Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it" Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals.... refs: DC_Power_Kyle
Decaf Posted April 2, 2009 Report Posted April 2, 2009 do 35hz or lower, 40hz will sound like crap on low notes and u run the chance of overexcurting the sub playing "Put On" or "White Girl"
Gregggg Posted April 2, 2009 Author Report Posted April 2, 2009 Yeah that's what I thought, I was just making sure because the car audio dude was telling me that 40hz would be fine but I could of swore that 40hz was more for competition use than daily use. Thanks decafcappucino 2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6 Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way Component System Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691 Speaker Amp - DD C4b Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz Sub Amp - DD M2A Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it" Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals.... refs: DC_Power_Kyle
raytard Posted April 2, 2009 Report Posted April 2, 2009 35 is fine, 40 is a lil high if you like the lows and rumbling your car around. Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
MATTMAN24 Posted April 2, 2009 Report Posted April 2, 2009 do 32 lol HIDS and projector headlights forsale http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99528-hid-projector-headlights-and-hid-kit-look/ 24's and Tires forsale http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/100286-24s-with-tires-for-sale-east-texas/
GUCCI_BASS09 Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 i got mine at 32hz and i love play some gucci,jeezy im running a aqhdc3 15 and a aq1200d and it destroys my truck
troy Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 yea with 40 you wil get no low notes at all retarded build on the way..... 2000 bagged s10 2 hdc3 15s aq2200 aq4x90 stinger/knu wire optima batteries 220 amp alt fosgate hu/mids and highs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.