1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

lol... packing peanuts, ping pong balls, cheetos, or sand. IT WORKS

and if your off by 5% WHO CARES 5% isnt 25%

and you get a damn good idea where your at

If you lived close, I would give you all the packing peanuts I have

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

could divide your horse shoe shape into a rough rectangle and a triangle, all you need really is a straight edge and a tape measure and like a minute to do the calculations (LxWxH for the rectangle, and 1/2LxWxH for the triangle), should be pretty close

or the peanut thing, but if its going to be a little off either way, might as well do it the fast and not messy way...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

And the peanut idea is terrible. Go buy a big jar of something like Cheetos puffs... Empty them into a big bowl, then try to dump all of them back into the jar.... MAGIC! You'll fill it up and still have half a bowl of Cheetos.

Unless you vibrate the shit out of it each time you transfer the peanuts into a box/well you'll never get an accurate measurement since the entropy jumps off the charts every time you move them around.

EDIT: Stick with brewer on the math. And don't worry about light curvature as it will be a negligible amount that won't affect the performance of the box.

Yes, the first time of trying to put them back in will be very inaccurate. But, every time after that, it will be much closer to perfect since they will be settling similar amounts between putting them in the bowl and jar etc.

Also some types of packing peanuts etc and other things you could use will be much less affected by settling than say cheetos as they don't have the rough edges, so they will naturally fall into place better.

you even mentioned yourself being off some with the number won't matter...

lol... packing peanuts, ping pong balls, cheetos, or sand. IT WORKS

and if your off by 5% WHO CARES 5% isnt 25%

and you get a damn good idea where your at

If you lived close, I would give you all the packing peanuts I have

x2

So why did I make this post? To pretty much say either will work fine. You don't have to do huge amounts of calculations to get a good box set up. (usually)

im going to college to be an engineer and id still rather do the packing peanut method than do the calculations... unless you do like raytard suggsted to get a bs estimate then maybe add a tad for the unnacounted for portions.