Making A Component Set, Got A Quick ?

siucsaluki11

So im looking at building a component set for my front doors with items from parts-express. Im having a bit of an issue when it comes to matching the components based on impedance. If i do this i will either make my crossovers (i like tinkering with shit) or just buy some pre-built ones. So...the speaker wire runs from the amp to the crossover then signal runs from the crossover network to the drivers (im looking to keep it at a 2-way for now so to the woofer and tweeter). If the woofer and tweeter are both 4 ohm speakers, what will my final load be for that channel? Im a bit confused, would it stay at 4 or drop to 2. Im guessing it wont rise to 8, but ya, just a bit confused. Do i need to get 8 ohm drivers to give me 4 ohms? Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i just read my towers, which use 2-way passive crossovers. the final load from the speaker terminals (where you hook up the amplifier to) is 4 ohms, and the tweeter and midbass each read 4 ohms also.

so i guess if you want a 4 ohm final load, get 4 ohm midbass and tweeters

I have a set of phoenix gold rsd's. the tweeter is marked 4 ohms, and so is the woofer. and the set with the crossover (passive) is at a final 4 ohm impedance.

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

thanks for the help guys

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived