How Do I Get My Frequency Back?

My previous setup was a pair of RF Punch HX2 12s powered by a Hifonics Brutus BX2005D. These were in a 4.5ft box with a pair of 4" aeroports with both subs and ports facing the rear of my Yukon. This setup peaked @ 45hz (with my box tuned to 38hz) and did 145s on a TL. I recently added another pair of HX2s and another Brutus. The new setup has all four subs facing up and all four aeros facing the rear. My problem is that my peak frequency has dropped to 40hz (even though I raised my tuning from 38 to 40hz) and now I'm only doing 146s. I was seriously expecting better but figure the frequency drop is whats holding me back. Is there anything I can do about this?

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

My previous setup was a pair of RF Punch HX2 12s powered by a Hifonics Brutus BX2005D. These were in a 4.5ft box with a pair of 4" aeroports with both subs and ports facing the rear of my Yukon. This setup peaked @ 45hz (with my box tuned to 38hz) and did 145s on a TL. I recently added another pair of HX2s and another Brutus. The new setup has all four subs facing up and all four aeros facing the rear. My problem is that my peak frequency has dropped to 40hz (even though I raised my tuning from 38 to 40hz) and now I'm only doing 146s. I was seriously expecting better but figure the frequency drop is whats holding me back. Is there anything I can do about this?

Not sure why the peak frequency would drop like that but did you try raising your enclosure tuning to fix this issue?

If you made a bigger box for the 4 12 setup, it should had displaced more airspace in your listening env. This should have raised your resonant freq.

To me a Yukon's peak frequency is probably right around 43-45 hz...so yeah if you're peaking at 40, it won't be optimal for all out SPL...

also did you upgrade your charging system? if you arent giving your ams enough power then they wont preform as well.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

yeah a box change will change your resonance frequency. sounds like you double everything and theoretically you should gain up to 3dbs but unfortunately not everyone is guaranteed that:(

also did you upgrade your charging system? if you arent giving your ams enough power then they wont preform as well.

charging system aint gonna do you much if you're gonna drag.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

actually dleccord, if you dont have batteries (which you can use with a car off) you dont have an upgraded charging system. thats means your amps arent getting enough power.

sorry my comprehension is bad but you're saying that an upgraded charging system consists of batteries, correct? and more batteries will give the amps enough power? i agree and i see what you're saying but my point was that you dont really need to upgrade your alternator just for drag because theres no use for it when you burp with the car off. sure i see the point of having it when getting the batterie(s) ready, but i thought charging a battery was a matter of milliseconds, and i had time to charge my battery before getting in the lane.

Edited by dleccord
xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

yeah ive heard of that too. wouldnt it overcharge the battery or wear it down?

not if you have a good charger :blink: I have this little trickle charger and this thing is god like when it comes to battery upkeep, it charges really slow overnight, and it shuts off when its charged, I swear this thing could almost revive a completely dead battery.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

not if you have a good charger :blink: I have this little trickle charger and this thing is god like when it comes to battery upkeep, it charges really slow overnight, and it shuts off when its charged, I swear this thing could almost revive a completely dead battery.

i dont see how it charges it overnight considering its a solar charger which means it needs light. correct?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg