350 is good, make it a 383 stroker and THEN call it a day.

YES!!!

305 chevy small block with oem parts

Only good for a boat anchor!

What kind of car is it???

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

My brother has an 87 442 with a worked 350 and its nuts. He wants to bore and stroke it to a 383 but we arent sure yet. Then his boss has a im not sure on the year but I think a 1972 RoadRunner, painted pumpkin orange, with an insane worked Chevy 572, bored .60 over, cant remember the stroke, but has about 10 mins of run time with a moderate tune, still need more work but it produced 1200hp and 1000 ft lbs of tq on 93 dynoed. Full out road cage, huge tires in the rear, not sure what they are going to find out, and 3" true dual open headers. This thing is an absolute monster and it sounds like a dragster/monster truck etc.

Ok..so here is whats up. I'm pretty burnt out on car audio...I will soon be selling ALL of my equipment to focus on restoring my car in my grandmothers memory (it was her car, she gave it to me when I was 15)

Soooo, the hole car will be returned to stock as much as possible just like it would roll off the lot, with the exception of the headunit (unless I can find an 8-track replacement unit that is functional), the engine, and the plastic trim panels (they will be covered in matching headliner material because of normal wear and tear)

What kind of engine would you all recommend? It currently has its original 4.1L 260 V8. Which absolutely sucks...I can't even get on the interstate with my car hardly because it doesn't have enough acceleration going down the on ramp =[

I don't want it to have a massive engine in it that will require a new rear end from the added torque/horsepower. But I at least want something that I will be more comfortable driving in traffic...

So what do you all think?

260 kicks ass mines had over 200000 miles when i sold tha cutlass and it was still kicking like a champ!

• 2 weeks later...

Lets be realistic people, I dont think he wants to race anyone and he wouldnt need all that power from a 383 let alone the bill he would have to pay after its done. Plus it be no point in doing a 383 imo unless he going forged internals and either spraying it or forced induction.

If Anything I would say do an LT1 350. Can usually find one real cheap on craigslist. You can get a stock rebuild kit from summit for some where around $500. A nice lil cam reuse your heads and intake. Would be more reliable and last longer then an reg carb 350. Better gas milage and when built right and taken care of these engines can easily go past 200,000++ miles running strong...

Although a carb 350 would be way cheap to build..Either way u may want to get a new rear end anyways.. Even with a mild 350 you will probably blow that rear to shit, your tranny too.