Burban Kicks Prt 2

pstone11

Nice job.Can believe it was possible to work with the walmart resin.

The Bondo fiberglass stuff works great - That's all you can get anywhere out here it seems - I found a sherwin williams automotive paint store that hopefully will have some larger cans of resin for a decent price, if not, then I'll stick with the bondo stuff.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Well, it's been a couple few days of sanding, bondo, waiting to figure out the new forum, sanding, finding my camera, sanding, bondo, hanging out, sanding, sanding, drinking beers, sanding, primer, sanding, hanging out not wanting to sand, but doing it anyways, drinking more beers, sanding primer..................... you guys get it... Turned out beautiful :P:p

The 1st pic is the last (probaly 4-5th) bondo coat along w/ the 1st coat of primer on the other panel. The others are just both after the 1st coat.

post-121-1171942324_thumb.jpg

post-121-1171942350_thumb.jpg

post-121-1171942362_thumb.jpg

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Why did you drill holes in the kick panel. I just make a mold of everything I can

Come on now, This is a thread for thanks, not questions. This is why: I built off of the stock plastic panels which flexed a ton when installed, which twisted the panel and all of the glass and bondo at the mating point and cracked it. When you drill holes and sandwich the panel it makes a solid platform to build off of, no twisting = no breakage. Using stock panels = Perfect fit.... For me anyways.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3007

Archived