Sonic Electronix

Hey all

I'm planning and saving for my first build in my car soon and am a bit confused with ohms and the amplifier output

Ok, i will put this in the simplest way i can

The amp:

Rockford fosgate T1500-1bd

500W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS

1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS

1500W x 1 @ 1-Ohm RMS

The subs:

2x Rockford fosgate T215D2 - 1000WRMS

Impedance 2-Ohm x 2

1000 Watts RMS

2000 Watts Max

This is what i want them set up as, (2) 2 Ohm DVC speakers = 2 Ohm load

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Now what i'm confused with is that the amp sais 1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS, does that mean that both of the 15" will be receiving 1000Wrms each or split between each other (500Wrms)

thanks

Hey all

I'm planning and saving for my first build in my car soon and am a bit confused with ohms and the amplifier output

Ok, i will put this in the simplest way i can

The amp:

Rockford fosgate T1500-1bd

500W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS

1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS

1500W x 1 @ 1-Ohm RMS

The subs:

2x Rockford fosgate T215D2 - 1000WRMS

Impedance 2-Ohm x 2

1000 Watts RMS

2000 Watts Max

This is what i want them set up as, (2) 2 Ohm DVC speakers = 2 Ohm load

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Now what i'm confused with is that the amp sais 1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS, does that mean that both of the 15" will be receiving 1000Wrms each or split between each other (500Wrms)

thanks

500 watts each, just cuz its wired that way doesnt mean itll double the said output. But great choice of amp. RF FTW

So i need another T1500-1bd. Either do that or get two T115D2? whats your opinion guys, I know theres a 400Wrms between the T1 and T2 and i know there would be a substantial difference. But another $1000 to my budget hurts. But in the meantime i can get 1 T215D2 and 1 T1500-1bd amp and run that untill i can afford for the other two.

So i need another T1500-1bd. Either do that or get two T115D2? whats your opinion guys, I know theres a 400Wrms between the T1 and T2 and i know there would be a substantial difference. But another $1000 to my budget hurts. But in the meantime i can get 1 T215D2 and 1 T1500-1bd amp and run that untill i can afford for the other two.

Or get two Power Series subs but dual 4 ohm. And one T-1500 (which usually gets about 1700-1800 watts) each sub will be powered nicely. That will put your amp's ohm load at 1 so more wattsss

Edited by Crump-T1

Why not just get the dual 4 T2's, all the coils wired in parallel will give you a 1 ohm loaded, that will give you enough power with 1 amp.

that amp might even do 2000rms at 1 ohm. itll come with a birthsheed thatll tell for sure.

edit: i got beat.

Edited by fritosaregood

Why not just get the dual 4 T2's, all the coils wired in parallel will give you a 1 ohm loaded, that will give you enough power with 1 amp.

that amp might even do 2000rms at 1 ohm. itll come with a birthsheed thatll tell for sure.

edit: i got beat.

:acute:

I would rather have all "Power series" to suit my setup, and i don't think i can fit 4 T215 anywhere in my car, im flat out getting the right measurements for just two 15". So thats why i'm stuck, i can only get either 2 T115D2 or get a second amp.

You know that you can get the power series sub in Dual 4's right?

here

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=