Second Skin Audio

Fi...dc...other?

you can put the nightshade 18 in a 4 cube ported box they like smaller boxes like dusty was sayin

That's what I like to hear. But I also like the lows so I'm a lil hesitant bout doing an 18 in such a small box you know? Also, wasn't planning on putting the DC's in sealed box or boxes. An 18 would be the only one in a sealed due to space limitations. Plus I understand a 15 ported could very well be louder than an 18 sealed...just looking at options right now.

Thanks

Chris Hasbrook

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio

My DC is in a 4 cube box ported and tuned at 33Hz. Its actually the recommend SPL enclosure for the sub. It runs off of 1200 watts at 1-ohm and it hits hard. Its about the lowest on the scale for the sub. Its definately power hungry and could run off 1600 RMS easily.

Edited by whitedragon551

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

That's what I like to hear. But I also like the lows so I'm a lil hesitant bout doing an 18 in such a small box you know? Also, wasn't planning on putting the DC's in sealed box or boxes. An 18 would be the only one in a sealed due to space limitations. Plus I understand a 15 ported could very well be louder than an 18 sealed...just looking at options right now.

Thanks

Chris Hasbrook

Yeah im not sure on the sealed thing. Something you could talk to jacob about

But the Nightshades excel in smaller enclosures. 4 cubes seems to be right on the money for a single Nightshade 18. I give each one of my Nightshades 4 cubes each and they can get LOW. Low enough that I no longer play chopped and screwed music do to the destruction I have done already to my truck.

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

Yeah im not sure on the sealed thing. Something you could talk to jacob about

But the Nightshades excel in smaller enclosures. 4 cubes seems to be right on the money for a single Nightshade 18. I give each one of my Nightshades 4 cubes each and they can get LOW. Low enough that I no longer play chopped and screwed music do to the destruction I have done already to my truck.

when you gonna let me hear this thing man? at autorama no one was around the x or a koc or i would have asked for a demo i would like to hear what nightshade 18s sound like seeing as how im in the process of reconing my 15 into and 18 and getting another from jacob

Roseville, CA

you can always use aeros to save on box volume

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

when you gonna let me hear this thing man? at autorama no one was around the x or a koc or i would have asked for a demo i would like to hear what nightshade 18s sound like seeing as how im in the process of reconing my 15 into and 18 and getting another from jacob

When ever you want mayne. I’m in the process of rebuilding right now. Should be finished in a week or two. If you see me at a show just asked for a demo. I care less about competing so I’m usually slammin my system most of the comp.

you can always use aeros to save on box volume

x2!

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Thanks guys. Looks like I AM gonna go the Nightshade route. Plus SPL, you got any new vids with the Atomic? Shit slammed with 2 3k's I know that.

Thanks

Chris Hasbrook

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio

Thanks guys. Looks like I AM gonna go the Nightshade route. Plus SPL, you got any new vids with the Atomic? Shit slammed with 2 3k's I know that.

Thanks

Chris Hasbrook

Nope, that's part of the new build im doing for the summer. I change it up every summer /winter lol. Just waiting on some D1 recones and im good to go.

l_43a136c168ae4e208cfa4619fd87cf28.jpg

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*