Two Sub Amps, Only One Sub Out On H/u

Title basically sums up the problem, my headunit has only one output for sub (Left and right actually) You can see the unit here.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11787_...DC-MP538U.html#

Do I just use a Y adapter to run both amps, or do I run one amp off of each side?

The amps im running are 2ch amps, bridgable, and will only be running one sub each.

the maxxlink seems a little pricey and overkill just to split a wire.....

I guess the big question is, should I just run the left sub output(HU) to the left side amp/speaker, and the right sub output(HU) to the right side amp/speaker, OR should i run both left and right sub outputs to both amps?

each amp will be bridged.

What amps do you have? Do they have RCA outs on them? If so, you can daisy chain them to save some room.

If you set the gains with a DMM, you can get away with running 2 amps off of 1 sub. I second the MAXX-Link idea as well.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

What amps do you have? Do they have RCA outs on them? If so, you can daisy chain them to save some room.

If you set the gains with a DMM, you can get away with running 2 amps off of 1 sub. I second the MAXX-Link idea as well.

The amps are Insignias, the ones that come in the NS-P2000 party pack..... I'm buying a second one.

Yes they have RCA outs, but I think running Y cables might save some cabling unless there is any advantage to daisy chaining.

the MAXX link simply is not a justifiable cost for me, it's much to expensive for the system I will be starting out with, and I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now on something that isn't necessarily needed.

How do I set the gains using a DMM? are there any threads or tutorials/articles about it? this seems like the most accurate way to set the gains.

had to do this a while back. get a y-splitter for both left and right and then you basicily have two pre-outs hook it up like you would have if you had two sub outs

My HU does have two sub outs, it has a left channel and a right channel for its subwoofer outputs. I will have 2 subs, and 2 amps, one on the left side of the trunk, and one on the right side of the trunk.

Are you saying split each sub out from my HU and connect both L/R to each amp? or do I just use the left sub out on my HU for the sub and speaker on the left side of my trunk, same for the right side?

This is what really has me confused as to which would be better.

Edited by BigJohnny

How do I set the gains using a DMM? are there any threads or tutorials/articles about it? this seems like the most accurate way to set the gains.

My HU does have two sub outs, it has a left channel and a right channel for its subwoofer outputs. I will have 2 subs, and 2 amps, one on the left side of the trunk, and one on the right side of the trunk.

Are you saying split each sub out from my HU and connect both L/R to each amp? or do I just use the left sub out on my HU for the sub and speaker on the left side of my trunk, same for the right side?

This is what really has me confused as to which would be better.

yes split each and connect both as for the gain http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

if you can daisy chain buy some short rca and do it

EDIT: re-read your post and did some searching you cant daisy chain that amp it has rca inputs not outputs so just do it the way i said earlier

Edited by james660

the outputs are on the amps for a reason. USE THEM.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

yes split each and connect both as for the gain http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

if you can daisy chain buy some short rca and do it

EDIT: re-read your post and did some searching you cant daisy chain that amp it has rca inputs not outputs so just do it the way i said earlier

you must be looking at the wrong amps, the ones I have do have outputs. they have a left/right input, and a left/right output.

Its 500W bridgeable @4Ohms. my speakers are 200W RMS @8 OHMs though. so bridged It will only give me 250W RMS to the speaker, which should be plenty.

According to a calculator that Ive found, my amp puts out 500W @ 4Ohms bridged. My speakers are 8Ohms, so it should be giving 250W @ 8Ohms bridged.

Using those numbers, it should be 44V output at maximum?

Edited by BigJohnny