Performance Mods For A 5.9l 360 Magnum

ok so ive been searching around for performance parts for my durango. its a 99. the motor is a 5.9l 360. i was thinking of doing the top end of the motor for performance. heads, intake manifold, cam, rockers and valves and crap. and of course getting a programmer for it to yield acouple extra horses and tune the computer. im not gonna get into suspention and tranny and rearend in this topic. the reason for wanting to do the topend first is i dont have a place to take the whole motor out and do all that crap. i can replace the heads and intake and stuff with the motor installed. im gonna do the electrical on the engine too. and what NEEDS to be upgraded for the fuel system. what parts would you guys sujest(sp) for doing this on a budget. if i need to spend the bigggg bucks i will. but id prefer to not go that route. i was looking into some edelbrock rpm performer heads. so what kinda other parts would you guys sujest(sp)? i seen something on hotrod.com or something where they got 129 extra horses from the topend mods. but i cant get the specific model number of the cam and stuff they used. so thats why i came here to ask. so what kinda parts (links to them) and other stuff would my fellow motor heads sujest(sp)? this will be my first engine build of a vehicle. people have been telling me lately i cant make an suv fast. wel they can all nvm on that. cause this motor has alot of potential. if only them idiots knew. and no im not gonna supercharge, turbo, or add nitrouse to this truck. supercharger may come later. thanks.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

haha nahhh im good on the v-6. lol. does your truck pull alot at like 3500 rpm and up? cause my 360 push you back when your on the gas and it gets to that rpm range.

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

heads, intake manfold, cai, headers, exhaust....all a good start.

which brand to go with, thats all dependent on what kinda cash you can spend.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

aww you killed me at the no supercahrger part haha i was gonna heads, bottom end .500 lift cam and a procharger will pump ya about 200 horsies just my input and u can find procahrgers for these motors on different site you just gotta either have the know how on tuning or get it tuned and it would keep you on a pretty decent budget. i have the same dealing with my durango but im gonna hold off on rebuilding it until it blows up haha cuz 115 in a durango just doesnt seem fast enough lol :)

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

i feel ya on the speed. yeah im thinkin of just doing mild mods to it right now. like a intake spacer, and better ignition.

ok so ive been on this site mopartsracing.com and ive come across these parts. and am looking for input.

double roller cahin for $55.50

hydraulic roller cam between 417-493

stainless steel valves priced each 17.95-15.95

valve springs priced each 9.50-7.95

aluminum single plae intake 289.95

if i go with a 4bbl intake instead im looking at these options

mpi adapter for carb intake 45.50

4bbl throttle body with 1,000 cfm 478.00

theres also some stuff from MSD ignition on there site

msd 6al ignition box part number 6420 $226.60

mcd plug wires part number 32979 $98.10

does anyone have any experience using a 4 bbl intake manifold and using a mpi throttle body adapter for it????

• 3 weeks later...

anyone????

does anyone know what m1 intake to use for my engine? im looking into getting a fastman 52mm TB. and idk what intake to use since they are 2bbl and 4bbl and single and double plain intakes.

Archived