Sonic Electronix

I have three amplifiers, 2 mono and one 4 channel, all the electrical powerlines to the amps are 1\0 gauge and got an extra battery and there is no voltageloss, but when i play too loud the sytem shuts down, it doesn`t go into protect but just shuts down. I have a theory that it is the remote control that is bad, because I have just taken the remote and split it into three wires using regular speaker wires. Is this what is causing the problem or something else? Would a relay fix this problem?

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

Hmm...this seems like a fun one.

You have no voltage loss, amps don't go into protect, but at high volumes everything shuts down? All three amps?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

The remote is a constant 12V source that doesn't change with volume. Relays are only effective when when you have like 5+ amps.

Do your amps shut off or just stop playing?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

i had this issue with my dads system, the remote wire was the problem, i took it off the remote on the deck and wired it up to either the yellor or red, *i dont remember it was a long day * But it wasnt the constant 12v source because the amps would stay on allt he time if i did that, try switching what your remote is wired 2

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Running a completely new remote line to switched 12v takes a bit of work, and it might not even fix the problem.

So why not run a short little "jumper" wire from remote terminal straight into the 12v input on the amp, with the 1/0. This will keep the amp on as long as its connected, so you can run other tests to see if it still shuts off at high volume.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Thanks for all the replies, it didn`t make sense to me either because all the other things are like they should be and it has been working fine since I installed it for a few months ago until now then all of a sudden it stops working. The system is very good grounded, I have put extra grounds on the starter battery and the alternator and all of the amplifiers have their own individual grounding as well as the extra battery (all on non painted and clean surfaces). So I think I am going to make a direct line from the 12+ to the amps and make a switch for it and see if that makes it work properly.

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids

just wire it up to the red or yellow wire comming from your radio, that fixed my dads when it did that to him.. i cant remember if its red or yellow, but the one that turns on when your car turns on, the other is a constant one so if your car is off and your amp is on then its the other color!

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

just wire it up to the red or yellow wire comming from your radio, that fixed my dads when it did that to him.. i cant remember if its red or yellow, but the one that turns on when your car turns on, the other is a constant one so if your car is off and your amp is on then its the other color!

On my current setup I have it on the wire that makes it turn on when the car turns on, I`ll try the constant one and if it works i`ll make a switch for it :rolleyes:

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids