Sonic Electronix

Anybody Installed Subs On An 06 Dodge Ram?

My cousin is a dumbass and decided to order his subs before even checking if they even fit... He plans on putting two 8" L7s underneath the seats (second row) of his dodge ram...Anybody doubt they will fit under neath?

I'm also thinking since space is very limited of going ahead and using 1/2" MDF instead of 3/4" MDF for this build...Just going to make a simple sealed box to go under neath the seats. Any reason not to?

The 06' Dodge Ram I glassed subs in under the seat fit perfectly fine, infact, 12"s would be tight , but just might fit. 4dr... There was quit a bit of room under that back seat, perfect for subs

There are 2 cavities, 1 on each side, with about .5-.7 cf each

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The 06' Dodge Ram I glassed subs in under the seat fit perfectly fine, infact, 12"s would be tight , but just might fit. 4dr... There was quit a bit of room under that back seat, perfect for subs

There are 2 cavities, 1 on each side, with about .5-.7 cf each

Yeah that I saw...I just didn't get to measure it.

Hey bro.. if you find anything, let me know. I'm trying to find a way to get some subs in my truck right now..it too is an 06 dodge ram. These trucks have no friggin space. I've been working with Scott over at FI and he's offered to build me some custom subs, but these trucks just don't have enough air space.

you can check out www.foxacoustics.com or www.supercewsound.com for some prefab enclosures, but they really are nothing to gloat about.

I'm actually trying to find away to squeeze either dual 10's or 12's in..

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Hey bro.. if you find anything, let me know. I'm trying to find a way to get some subs in my truck right now..it too is an 06 dodge ram. These trucks have no friggin space. I've been working with Scott over at FI and he's offered to build me some custom subs, but these trucks just don't have enough air space.

you can check out www.foxacoustics.com or www.supercewsound.com for some prefab enclosures, but they really are nothing to gloat about.

I'm actually trying to find away to squeeze either dual 10's or 12's in..

Shit that doesn't sound too good for my cousin...Hopefully we can squeeze these two 8" L7s in there with a sealed box.

Shit that doesn't sound too good for my cousin...Hopefully we can squeeze these two 8" L7s in there with a sealed box.

Yeah its not cool at all. Doing a glass enclosure in back (locally was quoted $1200) they can only get about 6 - 6.5 inches of depth, where as the fox box (www.foxacoustics.com) can get almost 7 inches. For the supercrewsound box only the console box will fit the 06 (up to 7 5/8 depth, using thinner wood). For some odd reason, dodge put different storage bins under the rear seat in the 06 and 07 trucks. If you get a good look at the truck, you'll see that passenger side storage bin is about double the width of the driver side...errgg. So the only way to get even airspace is to glass it and make a single chambered enclosure for both subs.

I'm telling you...working with this truck sucks.

Kev

i work in a body shop, and a truck came in a newer dodge ram, anywho, he took out his center console, and made a box with 2 10'' subs ported, then made a nice lil leather flat peice to go over top of everything by about 3'', the sound coming out of them was good for the discreet placement, he had it carpeted and everything, i didnt even notice it was there till i turn the beats up a lil bit, then i started searching, lol....

if you dont need your armrest might be something kool to do....

i work in a body shop, and a truck came in a newer dodge ram, anywho, he took out his center console, and made a box with 2 10'' subs ported, then made a nice lil leather flat peice to go over top of everything by about 3'', the sound coming out of them was good for the discreet placement, he had it carpeted and everything, i didnt even notice it was there till i turn the beats up a lil bit, then i started searching, lol....

if you dont need your armrest might be something kool to do....

I was looking at a box that is similar, that replaces the center console, but I do need to keep the armrest, as that is my laptop station.

What sucks about the box below though is that it is only 7 inches deep..where as I need a bit more to fit some FI subs..

ecomitem299a.JPG

ecomitem299b.jpg