pokertramp Posted April 12, 2009 Report Posted April 12, 2009 I am putting 2 sets of Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's in the front doors. Should I put one tweeter in the door and one at the top of the pillar to raise the sound stage? What would the ideal setup be for these speakers?
t-roy Posted April 13, 2009 Report Posted April 13, 2009 I am putting 2 sets of Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's in the front doors. Should I put one tweeter in the door and one at the top of the pillar to raise the sound stage? What would the ideal setup be for these speakers? put one in the door and one in the pillar,that would be real nice, i'm running one set of these put i haven't got a chance to install mine
tibs Posted April 13, 2009 Report Posted April 13, 2009 door and kick panels.. Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves 8 - Re SE 12"s 2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's 1 - vx4004 planet audio amp big 3 1/0 gauge MECHMAN 250 amp alt MySpace
pokertramp Posted April 16, 2009 Author Report Posted April 16, 2009 OK so one tweeter mid to lower door and one in the kick.
cunokyle Posted April 19, 2009 Report Posted April 19, 2009 I always prefer tweeters up in the A-Pillars to bring the sound stage up a bit. Not always needed, but if you are not getting to involved with imaging and such, the pillars usually works out pretty good. Seeing as you will have two pairs, I would definitely put a pair in the pillars and the others in the doors or kicks. The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs (if you stand too close) When the monster hums
Colin - STAPUFT Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 It depends on what you want. I prefer the best imaging- so in my case, I put them as far down in the kicks as possible. They image better there and sound better as well. I have had them in the dash before- maybe a bit louder, but didn't sound as good to my ears. It all depends on your taste and your vehicle. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
tibs Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 i got tweets in just my kick panels.. and it sounds awesome. i used to have some in the a pillar and they were over powering.. loud but over powering. Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves 8 - Re SE 12"s 2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's 1 - vx4004 planet audio amp big 3 1/0 gauge MECHMAN 250 amp alt MySpace
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.