Second Skin Audio

What Is This Box Port Tuned At?

solo z

30hz

but either that picture is not the right one or there specs arnt right cause that doesnt look like a 25.5" long port

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

30hz

but either that picture is not the right one or there specs arnt right cause that doesnt look like a 25.5" long port

really? i guess thats why we have to start making our own crap...i dnt even have a sawzall though! lol should he not waste the money? if the port is smaller then its probably tuned a good bit higher right?

dasda.jpg

25.5" port would look like this

and for the 230$ you'd spend on this you could make like 5 of your own box's

and why would you need a sawzall ?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

for 230 bucks you can build your own box and it would be alot nicer, hell i built my box for 2 15's for under 150 bucks. Thats with the cost of buying a router, that covered, wood, glue, bracing, router n router bits.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

dasda.jpg

25.5" port would look like this

and for the 230$ you'd spend on this you could make like 5 of your own box's

and why would you need a sawzall ?

thanks for the idea! do u hve the actual lenth of cuts on this box? maybe we could get started...what i meant by not havin a sawzal is that i dont own one piece of cutting equipment and sawzals are the most common house hold cutter.

well im going to try making boxes myself.....besides cut lenths what type of cutter should i buy? nothing top of the line but somethin that can provide smooth edges and circular cut-outs and so forth??

buy a drill and jig saw and you can build yourself a box. might not be the most beautiful box ever (you could cover it with carpet to help that :)) cut the sides, drill holes and screw and glue the joints. even you wanted to get REALLY frisky you could buy a sander and tidy up the edges :D

EDIT: lol the only time i'd ever use a saws-all on a box would be to tear one out lol. they cut through mdf like butter

lol thanks for the heads up guys! anyone know a good DIY thread for begginers? i have a drill so thats covered...i would have to look it the jigsaw though! and maybe even a stable for straight cuts??? alot of people on here seem to not use screws but i dnt see how im not supposed to use them specially in begining stages. what do people use to hold the box together while the glue dries even they dont use screws?

Archived