How Hard Would Be Or Is It Costly To Make A Blow Through Or Accordion Box?

Well guys I'm new to this forum. I am liking this place already, lot of great info on here. But anyways on to the subject. I have a 94 silverado single cab truck and i want to put subs in it. I have seen at some shows where guys have put in a box in the bed and had it blow through the cab. I know bout the flex between the bed and cab. Just need anyones insight on how to approach this. I will be putting 4 Fi BTL 12" s ported of course and trying to get a tune of 32 or lower hertz out of the box. Will be for competition. Getting rid of the truck for an extended cab is not an option atm.

Any advice or info will be greatly recognized

Thanks David

do you want to hit high #s with it? since you said competition, you wont get high #s with a low tuned box

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

do you want to hit high #s with it? since you said competition, you wont get high #s with a low tuned box

Sorry. Yes i would like high numbers. I have been around audio systems for awhile just never put one together for comp. Also what would be a great amp for the subs i have selected?

well numbers, 38 or higher would yeild higher numbers, unless your completely insane like jack and can do 150 from 20hz to 80hz LOL

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

well numbers, 38 or higher would yeild higher numbers, unless your completely insane like jack and can do 150 from 20hz to 80hz LOL

Lol

Insane is nice. But yeah i just want to see what anyone can put together amp and box port etc wise to get me some sort of reference to look back on.

Uhh, blanket statement? :01nocomment8so:

Hitting decent numbers with a low tuned box is definately possible when you're talking what he wants to do, and what drivers he's using. You won't get the highest possible number, sure, but there is no backing to say you won't hit high numbers with a box tuned to 32 hz. You should provide your opinion on what's considered a high numerical decibel score, as everyone's opinion differs.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

well mine is tuned to 34hz and i can only get up to 148, so if he wants mid 40s then yeah he can do it with that, but if he wants to go over 150 its gonna be really rough with a low tuned box... which is why i suggested 38 or higher

Team DC Audio

well mine is tuned to 34hz and i can only get up to 148, so if he wants mid 40s then yeah he can do it with that, but if he wants to go over 150 its gonna be really rough with a low tuned box... which is why i suggested 38 or higher

I agree, if he wants to compete on a higher level. For daily and competition, he could compensate with a box tuned to between ~36-38hz, the box will still hit low and could compete, so yeah. 148 is still considered a great number though, and a high one! =] Especially when you're talking two 15"s.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

i was doing a 152 at 29hz 4 15s walled yes but hes pretty much walling his truck with the blow threw... i think 4 12s in a low tuned box 33hz or so could break a 150

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0