guccib.th.jpg

Gucci Mane - Hold That Thought unclipped

Had to do some stuff to make it unclipped

its not clipped from the album

alot of rick ross ive been noticing is pretty bad also, usually on kicks

bascially anything that has good bass to begin with will be clipped by dumbass wannabe mixtape djs not looking to see if they bass boosted the song into clipping/bad greencable downloads

i was disappointed to see scarface's emeritus is pretty dirty straight from the cd too

and honestly i like using the old audacity better because it exagerates how bad the clipping is... alot of cd material has some in it... and when u see red, u think its so bad... but u can get away with it so long as ur headunit and amp arent clipping the data that is already slightly clipped

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

It's safe to say that the majority of songs downloaded out there are clipped by the release group. If you get them for free, the least they would expect you to do is remove the clipping. Personally, I think they're clipped with the sole intention of blowing the speakers of those who are illegally downloading them. What does this mean? More money for car audio companies. If the public was actually educated about what bass boosting and clipping does, then I'm sure we wouldn't be seeing so many messed up tracks out there.

NOTE: That, and so many cars have sub-par stock systems that new hip hop is trying to squeeze every bit out of the speakers by distorting it (well, it sounds better as long as its not turned up too loud).

Edited by dwz

It's safe to say that the majority of songs downloaded out there are clipped by the release group. If you get them for free, the least they would expect you to do is remove the clipping. Personally, I think they're clipped with the sole intention of blowing the speakers of those who are illegally downloading them. What does this mean? More money for car audio companies. If the public was actually educated about what bass boosting and clipping does, then I'm sure we wouldn't be seeing so many messed up tracks out there.

NOTE: That, and so many cars have sub-par stock systems that new hip hop is trying to squeeze every bit out of the speakers by distorting it (well, it sounds better as long as its not turned up too loud).

:rolleyes:

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

^lol, no... djs want their shit to "bang" more than the next guy, lol.... no one is trying to sabatage the data so u buy more speakers... for real, wtf.. hahaa

Why wouldn't they?

Hell record companies have no way to get back at pirates other than borking the quality.

Note: I'm only saying this because I've already had all of my stock speakers blown from these songs WITHOUT having Gains and WITHOUT turning it up past 80%.

Edited by dwz

Why wouldn't they?

Hell record companies have no way to get back at pirates other than borking the quality.

Note: I'm only saying this because I've already had all of my stock speakers blown from these songs WITHOUT having Gains and WITHOUT turning it up past 80%.

There has got to be a legit CD ripping group out there that upload good quality albums.

IF any SMD members here know who/where PM me please =]

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Given that record companies and small time production companies lose billions each year from P2P Downloading, and failed many lawsuits, there's not much left that they can do to the general public. I'm not calling them sociopathic snobs that want to hurt everyone. I'm saying the CDs that you purchase are usually unclipped, and they're the first to release the CD to P2P under multiple "release groups" with an entirely clipped set of music. Then, mixtape idiots add their own bass boosts and annoying intros which saturates what music is actually out there being distributed. The problem is, a lot of people don't risk creating their own release group because they eventually get caught.

It's much like with movies - in Russia, movies are released 2 weeks earlier than official release date by their own makers. They release them simply because they would rather people have the movie for free as long as they could control how good the quality of the film is. The quality of the releases are usually pretty damn good, and good audio, which is because they want there to be a good first impression and possibility of the viewer enjoying the experience better.

There were too many pirates that royally screwed up the video and audio quality by using Cameras, crappy Telesyncs, etc... To be honest having your work out there is better than nothing because the general public is exposed to it. If you don't have money to buy something, you don't buy it. Now, if you dont have money to buy something, you still get to experience the CD or Movie, which means more revenue for tabloids, car audio, iTunes, reality TV shows, and MTV type stations.

They're finding ways to profit from our neglect to pay for the official work. The World runs on Money and that's all the World is about.

**I just want to add**

UFC events are actually distributed under P2P the same day by Zuffa (they own the UFC), there are trap trackers that end up with your IP address in there. I've had a couple letters from Comcast about downloading a couple events. It's not a conspiracy theory. This is the reality of P2P

Edited by dwz

Why wouldn't they?

i dont want to get to far in depth, but....

there are also alot of buyers of cds, that have the album ripped into the same folders being shared on things like limewire... so the arguement isnt credible unless your designating that u mean dj only stuff... ive found plenty of what seemed to be cd quaility along with the correct id3 tags songs from limewire

80% means nothing, there is no volume everything that is ever recorded is set too, so 80% on classical =/= 80% souljaboy

u blew ur interiors because you couldnt distinguish the distortion before it did damage

you likely also blew interiors playing songs well below the range of the stock speakers... sending anything below 100hz to a stock stereo speaker is relatively pointless... less it be bose or something that might have crossovers involved

i thought almost everyone blows stock speakers, lol... i beat the shit out of my stuff... lol... blown stock speakers are a good way to learn how a speaker is put together once u tear it apart like i do... lol... see how badly i smashed the vc former

lesson learned: look at every song u download thru an osciloscope... use audacity or equivalent... otherwise ur gonna be playing clipped shit, all the time... unless you are a rare breed that only buys cds, which can still be clipped

hmm ive noticed t-pain can be hard to find clean

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg