Sonic Electronix

Just out of curiosity, are there any loud sealed systems out there? And I'm not talking about crazy box 160db kind of setups, I mean like a simple box?

I'm pretty sure this pertains to your question well.

Man the deal is, if you are going to do sealed box setups, POWER is the key. Power is probly more inportant than box design (as long as you stay within the manufacture's air space recommendations.)

You can look at my little 10 inch woofers and some might laugh but I have dedicated my life to doing systems that look weak or jokeable to the eye. Then I kick my shit on and want to beable to make jaws drop and I'm a big sound quailty fanatic too.

I don't think I have done any systems in the last 8 years that would legally meter less than 130 decibals in my installs. DB Drag style.

Since "Loud" is a relative term....you should prolly mention what those setups did on mic or that post is kinda worthless.

Unfortunetly I do not have legal numbers for the systems in the pics but I can give you an example.

2002:

Testing done in a Pontiac Lemans Hatchback. early 90s style.

Components: 1 Kicker ZR360, 2 ohm nominal load makeing 489 watts into 40 hertz.

Electrical:

100% stock electrical except a 1 farad cap and no big 3. Wire all 4 gauge.

Subs:

2, 2000 series L7 10 inch Dual 2 ohm subs.

Metering equipment:

2002 Termlab. If you need to I will let you deduct 6db if you want to know what I would have been doing after the 2003 Term lab came out.

These numbers are still legal for the time period I was in.

1st:

Sealed, 1.3 cubic feet per side. Box made out of 3/4in partical board.

I was hitting 132 db woofers firing at the back hatch all seats up.

2nd:

I changed to 3/4 inch MDF and moved up to 1.4 cubic feet per sub sealed. (Man the original 2000 L7 10s were unbelievable sounding in a large sealed box. 2002 and up if you tried that, I always destroyed the spiders.)

I could do a 136 db all day long and am know remembering that,that score was with a signal that was not clipping at all. LOL dammit I could have gained an extra 2 DB if I would have clipped my amp.

3rd:

I wanted to get some numbers so I went to a ported box. Everything the same except for the box.

I built the biggest SQ/SPL ported box Kicker had to offer. I guess it was close to 2.75 or 3 cubic foot box per 10 inch L7.

I did not optimze the positioning of my box to get numbers so these numbers are very realistic to the new meters if I want to move my box. Did I mention I could play music too. LOL

I was able to do 142 db all day long and when I needed to I could Burp 144db.

Same ported box but only 1 woofer.

Nominal 4 ohm load, meter 2002 Termlab, burp, 133 DB.

Nominal 1 ohm load on the Kicker ZR360, meter Audio control, I used music,not a test tone. I hit a 139 db and won the single woofer class and supposedly pissed some guy off that had 3 15s in a SUV and I was louder than him. LOL I still get a laugh out of that to this day.

Nope just searched and couldn't find any good answers so I figured I'd ask here since it's always straight forward help and not a bunch of BS on here

My honda might have dropped me into the upper 120s but never metered.

My Truck witch is my current project should be landing me somewhere between 135 to 145 DB by the time its done all sealed. 4 L7 10s and 3,200 watts sealed no cut through.

LOL thats until I cut out the back wall and go ported. :girl_devil::aggressive:

LOL I'm not going to be humble, Everyone in the lanes better be ready for me if I ever start to compete.

Personal note to all the Kicker subwoofer haters. LOL fuck you and learn about the product before you bash their subs because I have attempted to blow L7s on purpose and it was a pain in my ass to destroy the coils in my L7s. The older spider is a different storie though.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived