Jump to content

I Need To Make Some Decisions...


thehoe92

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have got a chance to get some RF coax's that I want so this is what I was considering.

Buy 2 sets of coax's for the front and rear doors.

Once I wire them up my stock tweeters won't be heard it will all be playing through the RF's.

I need some opinions on the difference in sound between 2 sets of t162s or 2 sets of t162c.

If I get the coax's my plan later would be to buy 4 tweeters to go in the stock location and run them off a 2-channel.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

after i switched to component sets.. never going back to coax's except for in the bed of my truck when im just kickin back on the tailgate.

go with components.

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

Posted
after i switched to component sets.. never going back to coax's except for in the bed of my truck when im just kickin back on the tailgate.

go with components.

yeah I did some more research on them.

coax's are good because the sound comes from the same point.

I was just worried because people say components can screw up fast especially since I have my tweets in the a-pillars away from the mids.

I was looking at the basic focals that are like $200?

any opinions on Focals?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

focals lack mids and have piercing highs

in my opinion...some people love the sound of them, i find them to be very flat, pretty wussy on the lows (60-100hz) and kinda tiring to listen to.

i mean, they are crystal clear and accurate and whatever, i just dont like the sound, it doesnt feel "full"

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Posted

I just ordered a set of t162s comps and damn do they sound good

So go with the comps

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted
focals lack mids and have piercing highs

in my opinion...some people love the sound of them, i find them to be very flat, pretty wussy on the lows (60-100hz) and kinda tiring to listen to.

i mean, they are crystal clear and accurate and whatever, i just dont like the sound, it doesnt feel "full"

thats what I have been reading.

one of the most important things to me is the midbass because I am tuned so low on the sub bass.

full is what I aim for.

t162s keeps proving to be better in the long run?

agree?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1060 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...