Second Skin Audio

16 Hifonics 12s In A Lincoln Town Car?

Is is possible to cram 16 of the hfi 12s in my 94 town car? Or should I just do 12? I have 2 mmats 3500.1s for power... suggestions? box layouts? open to anything

1994 Lincoln Town Car

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 510UB : 2 Powerbass AEQ-7X0 Eq's

Front Stage: 30 Mids/Highs off of a Kicker zx850.4 & Kicker kx600.4

Sub Stage: 4 18" DC Level 4s (w/ Level 5 coils) : 2 Mmats D3000.1s

Security: Autopage RS730

Electrical : 200 amp Powermaster Alt : MLA module : KnuKonceptz wiring : 6 Universal Battery UB12750's

in the trunk?i doubt it i mean you could but they would sound like crap and you wouldnet have enough air space porbley for all 16. if you wanna do that then build a wall

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i dont think you could cram 16 12's in there but i konw u could do 12 12's in a clamshell box

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Fuck yeah you can! :clapping: Anything is possible. If you really want something then do it. You can't possibly shut down this idea. Have you seen the T3 Van with like 360 speakers. If you really want to and like a challenge then do it. Everyone is always looking for that extreme ride, and 16 12"s in a trunk is pretty crazy. DO IT!! :aggressive: ...and post lots of pics. Should be LOUD. Definately put a "Power from the Gods" sticker in your back window. ;)

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Well i already ripped out the back seat, so im pretty much ready for a wall...Possibly using some trunk. And I def want that "extreme ride"...So is 16 in a clam shell plausable? I just want a really loud street jammer, and I want the low low notes being that i listen to a lot of slowed down music...Also how much air space do you guys think per sub?

1994 Lincoln Town Car

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 510UB : 2 Powerbass AEQ-7X0 Eq's

Front Stage: 30 Mids/Highs off of a Kicker zx850.4 & Kicker kx600.4

Sub Stage: 4 18" DC Level 4s (w/ Level 5 coils) : 2 Mmats D3000.1s

Security: Autopage RS730

Electrical : 200 amp Powermaster Alt : MLA module : KnuKonceptz wiring : 6 Universal Battery UB12750's

Even 16 ported would be great. I don't know if a clamshell is really what you want. They work well in vans and SUV's do to their square interior. A clamshell has to have an even internal airspace for proper tuning (hard to describe). I think a wall that goes as far into the trunk as you can. Just shoot for as much box space as possible. i think you'll find the most difficult is getting enough port area amongst all those subs. What's the Fs on those subs? I would keep it pretty close to whatever that is. What subs are you using? I just assumed "hfi" was hifonics but I could be wrong. I think you may have to make a lot of mounting rings and fiberglass them in to fit all those subs in such limited space. Do work son! and post lots of pics. Should be a crazy build if you do decide to take the plunge.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Even 16 ported would be great. I don't know if a clamshell is really what you want. They work well in vans and SUV's do to their square interior. A clamshell has to have an even internal airspace for proper tuning (hard to describe). I think a wall that goes as far into the trunk as you can. Just shoot for as much box space as possible. i think you'll find the most difficult is getting enough port area amongst all those subs. What's the Fs on those subs? I would keep it pretty close to whatever that is. What subs are you using? I just assumed "hfi" was hifonics but I could be wrong. I think you may have to make a lot of mounting rings and fiberglass them in to fit all those subs in such limited space. Do work son! and post lots of pics. Should be a crazy build if you do decide to take the plunge.

Have you seen Frankie Rio's setups? Some of his walls were built all the way into the trunk. Not enough air space, tiny port area, etc and he was breaking 160. Meade also had VERY LITTLE port area and "insufficient" space for his 18s, but he's obviously doing well.

I say do a clamshell. My next one is gonna be 16 10s in my cruiser, ported clamshell starting soon. Just remember it doesn't have to look good on paper for it to work.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Have you seen Frankie Rio's setups? Some of his walls were built all the way into the trunk. Not enough air space, tiny port area, etc and he was breaking 160. Meade also had VERY LITTLE port area and "insufficient" space for his 18s, but he's obviously doing well.

I say do a clamshell. My next one is gonna be 16 10s in my cruiser, ported clamshell starting soon. Just remember it doesn't have to look good on paper for it to work.

Man, I reread my post and it sounds like I'm agianst ported. That's not what I wanted to say at all. I must have wrote that in the morning. Some parts didn't even make sense. I was out of it today I tell you. Let me try again with the basics.

1) Wall off car with clamshell if possible.

2) Use every square inch of useable space in backseat and trunk.

3) Fight for as much port area as your subs will allow, clamshell if possible

4) Leave just enough room for batts and amps

5) Tune low, I would recommend keeping close to your subs Fs. Hate to unload and blow 16 subs cause thats a lot of paper weights.

Oh yeah, and what subs are you using exactly. I hope its all clear now. ...and post lots of pics

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback