Second Skin Audio

Multiple Round Port Confusion..

So im tryin to design a box for an Fi BL 18 and i need two 6" round ports, so i plug in my numbers in this calc: http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31, and it tells me that my port length should be 24.23 in long..does that mean each port has to be that long? Or does it mean that i divide that by two and make each port 12.xx long?

Here is the box so i dont really have that much room to have two 24" long ports going on in there, and a slot port would be really dificult with the back angled like it is. Any help would be cool thx.

Capture-7.jpg

I just drew the ports to be 12" long so you can get the idea of how much room there is in there, the box is 5.2cubes net and i wanna tune it to 32hz.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

You could go with 4 3" ports and it would be right at 12 and a 1/8" long and that's each.

Edited by Bunker

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

Well it looks to me like he's trying to fit a box in a tight space, hence the angle of it. So I doubt making the box larger would be an option

yup yup, its going behind the second row seat in my jeep Cherokee and i want to retain as much space as i can in the trunk area, i could make it much larger but i figured 5.2 cubes is just at the recommended specs. Would just using 1 6" port result in too much port noise?

Here is the same box but it's for 2 12's, the box for the 18" will be 2" less depth wise

DSC06327.jpg

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

yup yup, its going behind the second row seat in my jeep Cherokee and i want to retain as much space as i can in the trunk area, i could make it much larger but i figured 5.2 cubes is just at the recommended specs. Would just using 1 6" port result in too much port noise?

Here is the same box but it's for 2 12's, the box for the 18" will be 2" less depth wise

DSC06327.jpg

Hang on so you're going from 2 12's to an 18 and you're making the box smaller? That doesn't make much sense :P

IMO unless you have well over rated RMS power to the 18 you'll be choking it in a box that small, a 15 might be a better option given your constraints.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Hang on so you're going from 2 12's to an 18 and you're making the box smaller? That doesn't make much sense :P

IMO unless you have well over rated RMS power to the 18 you'll be choking it in a box that small, a 15 might be a better option given your constraints.

The box for the 2 12's was way oversized and it is a bit over 6 cubes, i figured i could make a more efficient box for the 18 and give it the minimum recommended space which is 5 cubes. And how would i be "chocking" it?...as in i dont have enough port area or as in the box dosent have enough air space? And it's only gonna be fed ~1000 watts RMS.

So ur saying more power = smaller box, and rms power = larger box?

Here is an update on the box..its 6.9 cubes tuned to 32 hz. Im worried about there not being enough space between the bottom of the ports and the bottom of the box..

Capture-8.jpg

Capture2-4.jpg

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz