MaX Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 Ok so a line driver ups my initial voltage of my rca's...but i really dont understand what this means, like if I were to add one, would i notice a difference in the loudness or sq of my subs...im so confused on something so simple haha and can I add a line driver to my system if I already have a line out convertor for my rca's? <div align='center'>03 RAV4 18" DC Level 4 XL Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge AudioQue 2200D 6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT 1/0 BIG III</div>
cnate777 Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 all the better reason if you have a converter Rockford Fosgate Sundown Audio DC Power Inc XS Autometer Pioneer
01 S-10 Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 Ok so a line driver ups my initial voltage of my rca's...but i really dont understand what this means, like if I were to add one, would i notice a difference in the loudness or sq of my subs...im so confused on something so simple hahaand can I add a line driver to my system if I already have a line out convertor for my rca's? You can get rid of the line ouput converter if you get a linedriver. Ckeck out the one phoenix gold makes TDH FTW !!!
99vic Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 Ok so a line driver ups my initial voltage of my rca's...but i really dont understand what this means, like if I were to add one, would i notice a difference in the loudness or sq of my subs...im so confused on something so simple hahaand can I add a line driver to my system if I already have a line out convertor for my rca's? if your hu is low voltage yes it will make a difference. it will give a stronger signal if im understanding what i have been reading. as far as adding one with your line out converter im not sure. REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS????? It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying.... It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up... /Rant I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!dont buy from knowledge he will scam you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/
MaX Posted April 17, 2009 Author Report Posted April 17, 2009 You can get rid of the line ouput converter if you get a linedriver.Ckeck out the one phoenix gold makes ok good, as this was the one I was looking at anyways if your hu is low voltage yes it will make a difference. it will give a stronger signal if im understanding what i have been reading. as far as adding one with your line out converter im not sure. yea i have my gain set to about half way, which is where my 2200 watts is according to the chart here on smd, so this means my voltage is around ~4 volts, so hopefully a line driver would help <div align='center'>03 RAV4 18" DC Level 4 XL Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge AudioQue 2200D 6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT 1/0 BIG III</div>
eliassami5 Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 some ppl have Head Units with 2 volt pre-outs so if they try adding more than one amp from the head unit then the signal will be very weak and you will clearly hear the power loss from adding a second amp. Adding a line driver will increase the voltage in your RCA's and allows you to run multiple amps while not having to turn the gain all the way up on each of them thus giving you less change of clipping your signal. 91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep Just Empty Every Pocket 96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x [sPL_4_U] HiFonics - Alpine Pioneer - Clarion Infinity - Kicker KnuKonceptz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.