Second Skin Audio

ok so i need some help on picking my new wall for my 2007 vw gti . at the moment i have 2 18" fi btl's in a ported box and still have my back seat the new plan is to remove the back seat and do 4 !18" fi btl's but the question is what box should i go with ..... i will run 4 t4000 rf and the outcome i want is lots of :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

smdsigbannr4bx2.jpg

well i feel kinda stupid i figured out the problem with the last setup the gain settings on the sub amps were way way way toooooooo hi and that was causeing all the issues . after following the how to set your amp gain artical all was well and all is still well . but now that i bought a jeep for the wife and the baby i can do as i please withe the car...

smdsigbannr4bx2.jpg

I'm gonna second Boon, your just gonna have problems putting that much box in that little of a car, either do 2 18 BTL's with a 4k rockford on each sub, or if you wanna do 4 of those rockford amps then scale down to 4 12's or 4 15's. Remember 4 12's in the properly braced box will kill 4 15's in a "too weak of a box because you didn't have enough airspace to begin with so your making the walls thinner to gain more airspace" box.

4 of those amps is also completely infeasible for anything other than burping in a car that small. Where do you plan to keep the 8+ enormous batteries to feed those 3ft long beasts?

the batts that i use are optima d3m's i can fit 4 of them in the spare tire hole and then 6 in the back and y do u think that 4 t4000 would only be good for a fart box . i have 3 18" fi btl's do u think i should go with that insted of 4 . with the back seat out i will gain alot of space i have seen people done alot in mini coopers and otherr small cars.....

smdsigbannr4bx2.jpg

I say recone the 3 as 15s and order a 4th. Also that is an ass load of power for that car. Just incase you didnt knwo. The btl 15 requires half the airspace as a btl 18.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

the batts that i use are optima d3m's i can fit 4 of them in the spare tire hole and then 6 in the back and y do u think that 4 t4000 would only be good for a fart box . i have 3 18" fi btl's do u think i should go with that insted of 4 . with the back seat out i will gain alot of space i have seen people done alot in mini coopers and otherr small cars.....

I don't know how you plan to fit 24 cubic feet of airspace, 10 batteries and 4 ENORMOUS amps in that car... as well as all the wiring, mids and highs amps, etc. It won't work, you'll end up with a 10 cubic foot wall and it will suck. Not to be a downer, just being realistic :(

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!