I have just got this alarm and I want to put in my blazer. I have never installed a alarm and was wondering how difficult it would be to install. Its a 1999 2dr s10 blazer. I have the bypass modual already and will need help with that also. I already know what your going to say. But I have no money to get it installed and I belive with the right persone to help me I can get this done just need some direction. Only thing that really confuses me is the relays and the resisters. Maybe if someone with a blazer that has done this can give me some help. Thanks for your time.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

WIRE COLOR LOCATION

Constant 12V+ Red Ignition Switch Harness

Starter Yellow Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition Pink Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition 2 White Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition 3 Brown Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory Orange Ignition Switch Harness (Heat/AC)

Tach White Coil

Brake White Brake Switch

Hatch Release Black Dash Switch

Trunk Pin n/a Works with Dome Light

Parking Lights Light Blue (+) Light Switch

Head Lamp Yellow Light Switch

Factory Disarm Light Green (-) In Harness from Driver's Door

Door Trigger White (-) Courtesy Light or BCM Front of Console

Door Lock Light Blue (+) Driver's Kick Panel or Keyless Module under Driver's Dash

Door Unlock White (+)

Driver's Lock Gray Left Steering Column

Driver's Unlock Tan Left Steering Column

Passenger Unlock Tan Left Steering Column

Horn Wire Black (-) Steering Column

Windows Up LF=Dark Blue, RF=Light Blue, LR=Dark Green, RR=Light Green

Windows Down LF=Brown, RF=Tan, LR=Purple, RR=Purple

NEGATIVE DOOR PIN ISOLATION CIRCUIT

the BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the RIGHT of the Gas Pedal, attached to the Heater box. The BCM has 3 Plugs that face the Drivers side of the Vehicle. On the BCM is printed the colors of the 3 plugs, PURPLE, BLUE and BROWN.

the DRIVERS DOOR is a TAN (-) PURPLE Plug, Pin B4 and the PASSENGER DOOR is a ORANGE (-) PURPLE Plug, Pin B2. The REAR DOORS and HATCH use the same wire a DARK BLUE/WHITE (-) LIGHT BLUE Plug, Pin B11. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM, use all 3 wires and DIODE ISOLATE

the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is located on the Passenger fender, on the 2.2L engine the WHITE wire is in a BLACK 80 Pin plug, Pin 10, on the 4.3L engine the WHITE wire is in a RED 32 Pin plug, Pin 20.

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Well it kinda depends on what you are hooking up. You have a few auxullary ourputs on that alarm. If you are not hooking up extra stuff like a module for windows up & down, you may not use the auxillary outputs.

This GUIDE should tell you everything you need to know.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Any other help you need beyond that, let me know. I'm a certified installer with access to the DEI database (they make viper along with a million other brands) and access to wiring diagrams etc for pretty much any vehicle and I've installed a lot of them.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

I have the alarm working but the remot start is not. It will turn over but will not run. I did not use ignition 3 is that my problem? I have double checked wiring and the tach has been learned. Also grounds are good.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Any other help you need beyond that, let me know. I'm a certified installer with access to the DEI database (they make viper along with a million other brands) and access to wiring diagrams etc for pretty much any vehicle and I've installed a lot of them.

woot... nice to see you used your certified expierence to help him.

I have the alarm working but the remot start is not. It will turn over but will not run. I did not use ignition 3 is that my problem? I have double checked wiring and the tach has been learned. Also grounds are good.

Are you running a bypass kit? what year blazer?

Most likely you need a xpresskit to bypass passlock on the gm. this is for remote start. i dont know if you got one or not, but if you dont that is your problem.

If you do have one, what bypass are you using?? id recommend a pljx because they are self programing, no need to add resistors and what not. and if you mess up on programming the bypass isnt fucted like some of the other xpresskits.

what do you mean with ign 3? I dont even think you need ign 2, you should be fine with ign 1 but id have to look at the directwire sheet to be sure.