New Box For My Bedroom (1 18, 25" X 20" X 30")

im probably like the only person on this whole forum that doesnt have a cellphone :P

and I just noticed something, my circle isn't centered right x.x

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

update timez - getting ready to start my port, what dimensions should I try? (I can do length later when I have more wood)

(baffle is 24x49 in case your wondering)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

hate to sound like a dick but you have no clue what your doing eh

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I know what im doing, I'm considering doing a slot port around 5" wide, but I wanna see what the forum thinks I should do.

box building isnt that hard. just a lot of cutting and some simple planning, and because I know I cant cut wood for shit, im just fixing up the lowe's cuts with my circular saw after it dries up, and the only reason I went with the dayton driver was because it's cheap and effective.

and the reason im doing such a big box is because I can. :P

(actually I fail at equal cutting)

eh, big driver + big box + low freq. tuning = Nice big bang without breaking the bank.

Regardless this thing is gonna get fuckin' loud and low, my room acoustics can make anything sound awesome, hell, my 8 could make people think it was bigger than it was. (most people asked me where I was hiding my 15)

so I thought, get a big-ass driver, drop it in a big ass box, tune it down low, run it with a bad-ass dedicated sub channel, eventually drop my large box in my pontiac (if I DO buy it off my mom, looking at other deals at this time)

regardless, its so far so good, no problems with cutting.

Fits under the desk nicely so far, just gotta get 1 more sheet of MDF before I can finish the box, because simply, I dont have side panels on this thing yet. Nor any Liquid Nail.

I know what im doing, and i like how it is, if you don't like that take the tyson approach and bite me.

And back to the actual topic, I need to know what I should do as an opening, because I know how to find port length. (aka, when I actually get the rest of my wood im going to figure a frequency to tune her to)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

first of all if your box is

24" wide 24" tall and 49" deep ( going by your title) its not 16.33 cubes like you think (in your sig) its 13.9 cubes

second of all your port you dont just throw out some numbers and hope it works or ask the forum if a 5" wide port will work or not

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

in case anyone's wondering, I got 2 Samsung Syncmaster 17s. actually thats what im going to be getting once my dad gets his new monitors.

my current monitors are CRTS, but I really dont expect to have em for that much longer, regardless these screens have survived with speakers on the desk no problem, hell, none of my desk speakers are actually shielded (well, my small block sonys are shielded via a cup+magnet, (kinda weird it has both the cup and the buckling magnet)

honestly I'll probably have the LCDs before the 18 comes in, I really dont see it being here with-in 4 days when I still dont have the tracking number yet.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

first of all if your box is

24" wide 24" tall and 49" deep ( going by your title) its not 16.33 cubes like you think (in your sig) its 13.9 cubes

second of all your port you dont just throw out some numbers and hope it works or ask the forum if a 5" wide port will work or not

I already know port tuning, im trying to figure how wide I need to make my port. (I already know how to do length, im just considering how wide I should do it)

and I know that its not 16.33, thats my externals, I was going to redo it with the internals since the wood is .75 thick, meaning that the internals are 23.25 x 23.25 x 48.25.

and saying if I did it to 35hz, at the current dimensions would be 23.5 (height) x 5 (width) x 9.65 (length)

and if I just left a hole in the box with them dimensions, it'd be tuned directly to 44.61hz according to the calculator im using.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

I'd like to know why it takes several sheets of MDF to build this little box. That's $100+ to buy that kind of wood.

And I really think you have no idea what you're talking about. You're saying some things you've read and spouting it off like you have an incredible design and an RTA shows a flat response in your room regardless of the setup.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

it only takes 2 sheets.

1 literally went completely into building the top bottom and sides,

and seriously box building isnt hard at all.. what the hell are ya'll talking about that I dont know what im doing, I just want to get low with a 18 I picked up off a deal.

its just cutting and tuning. I know what im doing.

damn people, if you wanna hate take it else where, im just trying to get a box built.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

a new update - using box designs that were sent to me by uhoh_45

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived