New Box For My Bedroom (1 18, 25" X 20" X 30")

LoL. UPS just dropped of my 2 subs this morning right before I left to work. That big brown box is such a beautiful thing itn it man.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Posted Image

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Maybe I missed it. What kind of sub did you end up getting?

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

And also take some motor pics. A cone is a cone. XD

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

im not to proud of the motor >.>

but if you insist, I'll grab it.

I bought Dayton Audio DCS450-4.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=295-475

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Cant beat it for the price. She should do pretty well in your home enclosure man. Lemme know how she sounds when you get it in.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

definitly let ya'll know, I played some music with it in my lap, and my god, lows just sound... lower :o

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Box build cancelled and the box was scraped, going different ways now.

Keeping the 18 of course, looking at doing something different, 14 cube (rounded up) is very heavy >.>

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

• 2 weeks later...

box rebuild finished, the final specs are 25x20x30, 6.2cube internal

box is finished + sealed up completely, going to throw a circular port into it rather than a slot port, because I ran out of wood >.>

(looking at using that 10" diameter piece I got sitting in the garage)

was thinking about 29hz.

anyway, currently it is 6.2cubes, 1 dayton 18, getting roughly 175 watts rms currently.

holy fuck it kicks hard >.>

and, we put this monster in my friend Daniel's thunderbird for shits and giggles, first off, did NOT fit in the trunk (shallow ass trunk)

so we tried putting it in the backseat, COULDNT GET IT IN

so finally, since we really wanted to hear this monster in his car, we put it in the passenger side seat, WAS REALLY HARD TO GET HER IN!!!

so, we hooked it up to his Sony amp (claims 1200 watts or something like that) and bridged it, like, 600w rms or something close (dunno the specs of it) via a wire through his rear deck 4x10 stock position grill (doesnt have 4x10s in it, but they have the holes, they are grilled too (wtf?)

and without further writing, we started beating right outside the house, man, fucking shakes the car UP.

I hopped in the backseat and we started riding out of our neighborhood and into someone elses (you know how we do it on SMD) and as soon as we reached the Riverside Neighborhood, we turned her up, his rear view literally ripped itself off his windshield >.>

my fucking god, it pounds HARD and DEEP.

im happy, gonna throw up vids as soon as my lazy ass gets my webcam working on my freshly installed linux distro (hard drive failed last night x.x)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived