Jump to content

Torn On Which Mids/ Highs


8Deuce

Selenium or KICKER Mids  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. Seleniums or KICKERs

    • Selenium 6"
      13
    • KICKER KS Series
      6


Recommended Posts

Posted

All the talk about mids & highs has got me wanting to try the Seleniums, which I still plan on using Selenium Super Tweets, but my dilemma is with the mids. I was looking at running the Selenium 6" 6W4P. The downside is this is the only size they make besides the 8", which looks different. This really puts a damper on different sizes going in different places.

Originally, I was going to use KICKER KS Series Mids/ Highs to complement the subs. Of coarse these come in all standard sizes, which makes the series more versitile that the single size of the Seleniums.

Price wise, people mention how cost friendly the Seleniums are, which is about $25.00ea/ $50.00pr, but for the same price I can get the KICKER KS Coaxials.

Thats my dilemma. Should I do the Seleniums or KICKERs? Vote Damn It! and maybe explain your choice. Thanks!!!

Posted

id go with the Seleniums just because there better quality than the kicker dont get me wrong i have the kickers ks for my doors there ok im saying better quality at same price

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
Posted

So far, theres 6 votes & its 50/50. LOL. Thats not helping much here guys... Plus some responses would be great!

Posted

I voted Selenium, I run them for rear fill in about 0.25 cu ft sealed......and they are pretty impressive; keep in mind they are 8 ohms and the super tweeter is rather huge!

2008_06072008Feb0010.jpg

**Edit...another pic for ya ;)

2008_06072008Feb0018.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

Kicker ks are great. I ran an ass load of them about a year ago. But I just hooked up a eminence component set and god damn are they loud and clean. I say definatly go with a PA setup.

Seleniums FTW.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Posted
Kicker ks are great. I ran an ass load of them about a year ago. But I just hooked up a eminence component set and god damn are they loud and clean. I say definatly go with a PA setup.

Seleniums FTW.

troof, is your looking for loud go with PA set up. just make sure you do it right, ive heard some that sound like ass.

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

Posted
I voted Selenium, I run them for rear fill in about 0.25 cu ft sealed......and they are pretty impressive; keep in mind they are 8 ohms and the super tweeter is rather huge!

2008_06072008Feb0010.jpg

**Edit...another pic for ya ;)

2008_06072008Feb0018.jpg

Damn thats a big ass tweet. Is that the ST200 or maybe the ST350?

BTW, thanks for your input!

Posted
troof, is your looking for loud go with PA set up. just make sure you do it right, ive heard some that sound like ass.

Hopefully my DQS will keep things on point if I go w/ the PA's...

BTW, thanks guys for the replies & votes!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 826 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...