Thinking Of Gettings Some Q's

So I've been doing a lot of reading and looking around and now I'm kind of geared towards one or two Fi Q 12"s. If I go with two I was looking at the Audioque 2200D, but I haven't really looked for an amp if I only go with one, so I'm kind of set on two but I'm worried about it being too loud. What kind of electrical upgrades would I have to do for two of them?

Now I was thinking of building my box, I'm debating between ported or sealed, haven't really decided which one I want to go with yet. My max trunk space is 36" wide, 15" high. I can go kind of deep, can't remember the exact measurement right now but how deep would I have to go for a box with that width and height?

Does this seem good for a hatchback (2003 Hyundai Tiburon)? That's why I'm mainly worried about two 12's being too loud. should I go with two 10" subs?

I mainly listen to rock and some rap, should I go with a ported or sealed box?

I have a Pioneer DEH-P4900iB head unit.

Well, I just went and took pictures and measurements of the box space and everything so you guys can see what I'm talking about

IMAGE_041.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

IMAGE_043.jpg

IMAGE_044.jpg

IMAGE_045.jpg

IMAGE_046.jpg

IMAGE_047.jpg

IMAGE_048.jpg

Hopefully that’s all you need, the little hump at the back that goes up the back of the seats takes up a couple of inches, so I started the tape measure at the bottom of the hump, measurements came out at 36" x 17" x 30" (W x H x D). It can't go the full 30" deep and be 17" high though cause at the back of the car the hatch will hit it so it would have to be slanted.

why not a single 15 less power and still pretty loud. As far as sealed or ported thats up to you and your listening preferences. on the rock stuff sealed might be the way to go, but depending on what rap you listen to the sealed may not give you the output your looking for.

Well I'm kind of OCD about things being symmetrical hence the two 12's, would a single 15 be better? And I'm really concerned with what kind of electrical upgrades I'd have to do to run two of these?

i can tell you how you can do with this.... i have a AQ2200 and a 15" Q... not in right now but i have one....

two 12's would be pretty loud to you im guessing... i haven't really drawn out what the specs would be for your box but you should be able to do ported no prob and that amp would work great for those subs... For electrical i would buy a AGM battery for under the hood(the biggest you can fit) and another batery for the back and you'll be fine

the Q's sound great on anything and you'll be happy with them

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I decided on a single 15" Q in a ported enclosure paired with an SAZ-1000D, my problem is I have no idea where to even begin figuring out how to build a ported enclosure. I keep messing with the box calculators and what not but all the port stuff confuses me. Can someone help me out with a design?