Second Skin Audio

Best Methods For Internal Bracing ? My Box Pic Inside

Box is 6ft3 net * 32hz , 77.5sq inch port for a loaded 18" btl , sub up / port back , power is going to be a sundown 3500d * 1ohm .

I was thinking of furthering the 45's to the top and bottom running horizontially{ very small peices not huge 45's like you see ) , not in the port though . More to get rid of as many 90 degree angles as I can . Do you guys think I should make the 45 on the port side bigger/wider ?

Also thinking of putting a peice horizontally of sanded and rounded edged 3/4" mdf peice about 4" in length inside the middle of the 5" width port . Thought of making an extended peice that continues horizontially almost to the 45 since the area is wide open there .

The top I have 2 peices cut so it is getting double baffled , sub will mount on second .

Thinking 1/2" All thread making almost a cross inside the box mounted as close to middle as possible dodging the subs massive magnet . Maybe 2 peices of wooden dowel rod's running vertically on side of sub edge to help support the middle baffle area . I am going to try to mount the sub as far away from the internal port opening as possible .

Here's some picture's of my box so far .

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

Only my 2nd box I designed and built myself and I dont have a table saw or router , so take it easy .

Edited by Joker

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

2x4s is wat i use for bracing. always works for me

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

I didn't want to use 2x4 , they eat to much space and block the airflow. You have a wall , how about for just the common box .

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

threaded rod dowls 2x4s

could brace like this

bracing1.jpg

bracing2.jpg

workin26.jpg

workin30.jpg

dsc01080.jpg

dsc01082.jpg

dsc01062.jpg

theres alot of different ways

(hope users whos photos those are dont get mad or nothing)

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

allthread or dowel rods, like shown in the last 2 boxes. I prefer all thread, but dowels are cheaper

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...