white4d96 Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 My plans for mounting my Alpine by-nines are hindered by the massive Scosche enclosures I am currently using. I would like to build new enclosures but do not know where to start with these speakers. Is there a certain volume I need? I'm not looking to make them louder; just provide some protection from the elements (they're mounted above the rear package tray in an area that sees a lot of sunlight) while at the same time orienting the speakers so they play into the cabin instead of up into the window like stock. Any hints/pointers? Is box material as crucial as with subs? These will eventually be getting high-passes, so there won't be much bass in them... Too many projects, too little time...
white4d96 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 Any ideas? Too many projects, too little time...
Herrie_V Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 I build a box for them, didnt really measured the size... and filled them later with polyfill. Mine are slightly high-passed too, sounds great and full and even better after the polyfill. Filling: Just sprayed them gray: And here they are, above my head.
white4d96 Posted April 27, 2009 Author Report Posted April 27, 2009 SO volume doesnt matter? Too many projects, too little time...
Shyne151 Posted April 27, 2009 Report Posted April 27, 2009 SO volume doesnt matter? Not so much, as they are designed to be ran infinite baffle. -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
*1LOWSUV* Posted April 27, 2009 Report Posted April 27, 2009 6X9 don't need much more room then what will surround them. If you've ever looked into one of those pre-fab 6X9 boxes the magnet is about 1/2 inch from the rear of the box. What the guy above me has probably sounds pretty clean and loud.I would imagine. : [email protected]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.