Second Skin Audio

Strong Joints

2x4s as the mounting points where the subs are or just a frame made of 2x4 and enclosure made around it with moderate to heavy bracing thats my .02 but whatever it is they did it works

Edited by jmitch

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

with something like that he prob used steel square tubes in between each sub and then anchord them to the back of the enclosure. Not sure if you would need that kind of strength but it wont be rattling appart anytime soon :)

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

with something like that he prob used steel square tubes in between each sub and then anchord them to the back of the enclosure. Not sure if you would need that kind of strength but it wont be rattling appart anytime soon :)

Well see I will need something strong when I get back. I'm building it next week to withstand 4k per baffle on 4 10s. My setup will almost mimic that one. I wasn't asking how to brace the center though...

I'm talking mainly about the sides and joints, but I think I've figured out what I'm going to do.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Lots of steel, I would hazard to guess :)

I was thinking of doing steel. I have a nifty idea about how to recess the nuts and hide them in the double baffle. I'm pushin 44.5" across or some shit and the subs would come out to 44" OD side to side. Obviously I'm going to have space between mounting holes to brace, so that's not an issue, but I don't want to have a major air flow restriction like I did with the MOJOs because I had to build inward.

The curvature of my car hates me. I think I can pull it off though. A nice steel frame should do fine, and I have welding equipment at work with unlimited steel stock. Hell I could even 45 the front steel structure at the top and build baffle to conform to the car as long as the mount holes don't exceed the allowable limits.

Worst case scenario......I only do twelve subs. :(

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/