GOTZ1LUNG's Sierra Video on Pg 15 - 5/17/12 TL#'s 151.3@29hz

So um ya, the bass knob works great, except instead a +18db i think it cut it in half, cuzz it wont turn up to the point where i tuned to from the knob.. oh well

I have a very ruff tune on it right now, just for testing, i will get out the DMM and set voltages tomorrow and see what its got in it with the sunsonic and crossovers set. It is only a little louder than with the one amp, but i havent gotten into the gain at all, so once i get the subsonic set, ill start turning up things.. It moves a lot more air than i thought it was gonna tho..

I go to this car wash to tune and take vids, and there a apt complex about 100(*ninja edit..300yds I WISH)yards away. I was setting the amps a little and this dude pulls up.. He says is that your stero i heard, i said yes and i was sorry for bothering him i would turn it down. He replied by saying he was sitting in his living room in these Apts and the vibrations knocked his pepsi off his coffe table so he had to see what was making all the Boom.. We bsd for a few and he was super impressed with the truck. He was a older(mid 40s) gentleman and had 2 t2 10s in his s-10.. it was a cool experience!

Unless i'm missing something, all the bass knob is is a potentiometer, LED, and RJ45 connector. If that's all, unhook the wire and test the resistance, noting what it does as you turn it up. Then get a new pot from radio-hack with more or less value to accomodate the direction you're trying to go in...

.. Actually i think they make pots with one shaft but 2 sets of pots hooked to the back, so you could use the guts of 2 bass knobs and 2 seperate wires pretty easily.

• 3 months later...

Been a while since i had anytime to do anything with my setup, but while im here in Miss, and had a day or 2 with no tats, and david needin no help really, I got to put into use the tools for my truck a little..

Whats bein added.

1 RD 85x4 Mids/Hi Amp

1 set Memphis Multi-sync 5.25in Componets in dash

1 set of Memphis PR tweeters to replace the WallyWorlds..(maybe i got them from a shop, dont member)

Prolly add a few 1/0 Grns as well to see if it helps with Voltage Drop.

9.jpg

4d6f8e7c.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

1.jpg

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Heres primer coat, no finish body work yet cept for the spot were the fleece pulled from the ring a little, ill finish em when i got time back in Miss..

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Archived