Second Skin Audio

Help On Fi Btl

ok guys i am going to order an Fi BTL for my new build... i am goin to run a AQ2200 on it to start and add another later. so..... what options do u guys recommend? and how long do they usually take to make/ship

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg

Go with the BTL.

Going from one amp to two later is a little bit of an issue. To maximize one amp, you need dual 2 ohm coils. To maximize 2 amps, you need dual 1 ohm coils. You can get dual one ohm coils and run the single 2200 at 2 ohms until you get a second amp. . .Or, get dual 2 ohm coils, run a 2200 now, sell it later and get a 3500.

Options you want:

Ohm - Dual 2

P Chamfer - No

Cooling - Yes

HiXmCoil - Yes

Daily or SPL - Daily

I Heat Ring - No

Universal - Yes

Dust Cap - Whatever color you want

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

yes, the 2 18" Q's on 1700rms will be louder then the 1 BTL, BUT there is more "Potential" in the BL/BTL line. So you have to ask yourself, "Do I want to plan my stereo around future upgrade paths, or just the immediate time being." see what i'm saying. Think things over. But to answer your question, the 2 q"s will be louder....MORE CONE AREA.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

yes, the 2 18" Q's on 1700rms will be louder then the 1 BTL, BUT there is more "Potential" in the BL/BTL line. So you have to ask yourself, "Do I want to plan my stereo around future upgrade paths, or just the immediate time being." see what i'm saying. Think things over. But to answer your question, the 2 q"s will be louder....MORE CONE AREA.

not to mention that the Q's might sound better, not sure how concerned u are with SQ but that something to consider as well

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Archived