I just pulled the trim panels off my dash because I'm going to repaint them and do a little work to move some idiot lights and make a place for other stuff.

I'm also going to remove the vent above my stereo, which is actually fairly easy, my question is, how do you remove it. Do you cut the tube at all and cover it up to fully and completely remove the vent, or do you just block it off with something.

If just covering it up is fine, what can I use to block it.

I might need some of the space where the vent is, so being able to block it off a little further back would be ideal.

As for the painting, would rustolem be ok to use? its just plastic, but I want a really good quality paint that is going to withstand he hottest of hots and the coldest of colds. I'm also considering spraying on a clear coat for longevity.

I just pulled the trim panels off my dash because I'm going to repaint them and do a little work to move some idiot lights and make a place for other stuff.

I'm also going to remove the vent above my stereo, which is actually fairly easy, my question is, how do you remove it. Do you cut the tube at all and cover it up to fully and completely remove the vent, or do you just block it off with something.

If just covering it up is fine, what can I use to block it.

I might need some of the space where the vent is, so being able to block it off a little further back would be ideal.

As for the painting, would rustolem be ok to use? its just plastic, but I want a really good quality paint that is going to withstand he hottest of hots and the coldest of colds. I'm also considering spraying on a clear coat for longevity.

not sure what you mean by the vent idea....but if your talkin aerosol for paint, Id go with SEM....with all the aerosols Ive ever used, SEM is by far the best.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco