Well here's the story. I was driving on my way to Ocean City today and got pulled over. I was speeding, 68 in a 55. I know what I was doing was wrong. In MD thats a 2 point violation.... Im thinking about going to court pleading guilty and just asking the judge to not put the points on my record. If that goes through good.... Im buying a new nissan 370z. They are absolutely stunning vehicles. I can't seem to stay away from nissan dealerships in MD

Anyway. My question to you guys is; I make $10.50 an hour (I bring home a little over $300 a week). The price for a new 370z is $600 a month + insurance(nationwide quoted me $280 a month full coverage BEFORE the speeding ticket). I live at home and have no other bills to pay other than this car. And my job is very stable and flexible. I even may become a brick layer @ $21.00/hr which will help things ALOT. Basically what im saying is... would you guys buy a new nissan 370z in my situation and pay for insurance totaling $880 a month when I make $1300 a month?

i wouldnt, later down the road you will have bigger responsabilities than just a new car, which will take a few years to pay off or lease, anything can happen in those few years, i vote not a wise choice

agreed....I went from a situation like yours to college....I went from having a nice sized bank account to broke in a matter of months, and that's with spending very conservatively.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

i wouldnt, later down the road you will have bigger responsabilities than just a new car, which will take a few years to pay off or lease, anything can happen in those few years, i vote not a wise choice

That's what the wife says too :unknw:

IMO you can never be too sure about your job.

if almost all your paycheck is going to your car imagine if you lose your job? you lose your car instantly cuz u don't have savings

I say if you can, save 500+ a month right now and wait a year or two and get a used 370z so u have down payment and monthly payments wouldn't be that high

IMO you can never be too sure about your job.

if almost all your paycheck is going to your car imagine if you lose your job? you lose your car instantly cuz u don't have savings

I say if you can, save 500+ a month right now and wait a year or two and get a used 370z so u have down payment and monthly payments wouldn't be that high

Im pretty sure my job isn't going anywhere. I don't like buying used vehicles.... But you do have a valid point about savings and alot of my paycheck going towards my car.

I don't like losing thousands in depreciation in a matter of seconds as the vehicle rolls off the lot. I'd rather get something a year old with low mileage and good shape than waste my money. I know a lot of people who thought they'd never lose their job and have been layed off recently losing their cars, their house, etc. within just a few months.

If I was living at home and had a wife I'd be putting money aside like a fiend to get my ass out. just my view on it.

It sounds like you are wanting to live above your means. I make quite a bit more than you say you are atm (not meant negative at all) and I pinch pennies all the time! I was wasteful for a while but I realize now how much more important it is to save money for your wife, kids, even your future. My wife and I do well with our combined incomes, but I work 60-70 hours a week plus go to college so I can make working an option for her in the near future. My family deserves the best, and to me that doesn't mean a new car it means quality time together and a high standard of living. You may have different values or ideas of what is important and that's fine, not trying to chap your ass just give you an honest opinion since you asked. They are nice cars but you should ask yourself where you want to be in a few years and if this purchase will help get you there. 400 a month extra is not a lot of money, especially if your situation turns. Best luck with your ticket bro.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I was thinking that. Maybe turn my accord into a little something more than my dd coaxials.

how you like you dd coaxials i want to get a few pairs soon but do more to the car you have if anything it will mean more to you later plus with no bill and that much money you could be have money in the bank to sit on incase something happends but do something a little more and post a build (just to trow my opinion out there if and or when you go bigger on the system go digital designs there so bad ass )

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.