first off, hello everybody! this is my 4th setup in the back of my scion tc in 2years but hopefully it will satisfy me enough to be the last. here are a few pics of the build. box and floor are wrapped in black and Grey alcantara suede to match the seats im just waiting on the subs and amp as they should be here this week. enjoy and let me know what you think.

1237642163.jpg

1237642220.jpg

1237733202.jpg

1238004081.jpg

1238345884.jpg

1240676422.jpg

amp stands up in that hole in the floor so it appears to be floated and all wires are hidden underneath floor..

Edited by myrs30

4 10" JL w1v2

Kenwood KAC9104D

pioneer avh-p4000dvd

but hopefully it will satisfy me enough to be the last.

Good luck with that. I say that everytime I start a new install. It looks very clean, as much as I despise JL they have their place. I think it will work out well for you. You should definately do the extra work and paint that bitch. It would look much better. Very nice, keep the pics a coming. By the way, once you start working with fiberglass well, you are no longer a noob really. Noobs use caulk to seal their box after they build it without glue and run power wire through the door jamb. Thats a noob. :rolleyes:

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Good luck with that. I say that everytime I start a new install. It looks very clean, as much as I despise JL they have their place. I think it will work out well for you. You should definately do the extra work and paint that bitch. It would look much better. Very nice, keep the pics a coming. By the way, once you start working with fiberglass well, you are no longer a noob really. Noobs use caulk to seal their box after they build it without glue and run power wire through the door jamb. Thats a noob. :rolleyes:
Well then I guess everyone in DBDrag today is a noob, becuase almost everyone I know uses glue before, during and after!

ya i had kenwood subs before :01nocomment8so: figured i would step it up a little. but i will be painting it soon. i have a big scion show next w/e so we just wrapped it for now but it will for sure be painted. my buddy does most of my work although i do exactly what he does as far as the glassing process. i can build it all but we both do the work. i would never run wire like that or build a box with caulk and glue! so im a noob to smd but fairly experienced in the audio world ;)

4 10" JL w1v2

Kenwood KAC9104D

pioneer avh-p4000dvd

Looks good man, i just did my first attempt at a Glass box a few weeks ago, i dont think it turned out as well as yours...

I dont mean to butt in, But i think what was meant above is that Noobs DONT use glue when they build boxes, they just screw em together and silicone the insides when the proper way would be to Wood glue everything you can then Screw/Air Nail.

Thats Just the way I took it tho....

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Looks good man, i just did my first attempt at a Glass box a few weeks ago, i dont think it turned out as well as yours...

I dont mean to butt in, But i think what was meant above is that Noobs DONT use glue when they build boxes, they just screw em together and silicone the insides when the proper way would be to Wood glue everything you can then Screw/Air Nail.

Thats Just the way I took it tho....

oh ya i got it lol i used glue and air gun to nail it together i know that's the right way. i was talking about JUST glue. i have even seen boxes at best buy where you use giant zip ties and wooden dowels to build a box :P

4 10" JL w1v2

Kenwood KAC9104D

pioneer avh-p4000dvd

all you need is glue

/discussion

looks sick though, lets see some pics of it wrapped, i'm personally a fan of alcantara, idk why, its classy ;)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Looks good ... Like the seats.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

looks good bro. glad you found the forum. Im getting my box this wed., and i should have my sub soon. so everything should be good for the show on the 6th. :D :D

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg