Check Out This T.v.

Its so hard to tell 720p vs 1080i I mean with our eyes, we cannot tell the difference, the real quality kicks in with the new 120hz rate refresh @ 1080P

Movies look very real with the 120hz, I mean, it looks like your looking thru a window at an actual stage rehearsal, vs a broadcast, or a video

Plasma is okay, but after being a tech at Sears, and helping out the video techs, the plasma is a fading technology, LCD is currently the best, but Organic LED will soon be the tv design to have

Plasma burns hot, and doesn't last as long as LCD- Plasma can go out as soon as 1.5-2years, while LCD can live a longer life 4+ years

The organic LED will even beat that after they find a way to fix the blue LED failing at 40,000hrs compared to the Red and green at 80,000-100,000hrs (IIRC)

Me, I watch a lot of tv, I'am a damn couch potato, and long lasting screen is important

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Its so hard to tell 720p vs 1080i I mean with our eyes, we cannot tell the difference, the real quality kicks in with the new 120hz rate refresh @ 1080P

Movies look very real with the 120hz, I mean, it looks like your looking thru a window at an actual stage rehearsal, vs a broadcast, or a video

Plasma is okay, but after being a tech at Sears, and helping out the video techs, the plasma is a fading technology, LCD is currently the best, but Organic LED will soon be the tv design to have

Plasma burns hot, and doesn't last as long as LCD- Plasma can go out as soon as 1.5-2years, while LCD can live a longer life 4+ years

The organic LED will even beat that after they find a way to fix the blue LED failing at 40,000hrs compared to the Red and green at 80,000-100,000hrs (IIRC)

Me, I watch a lot of tv, I'am a damn couch potato, and long lasting screen is important

My dad has had his Panasonic 50" plasma for 5 years now, no fading, no burn in, no issues whatsoever. And my mom has had 3 hdtvs for over 4 years, two of which are plasmas, 1 of which is an lcd. Again, no problems whatsoever with any of them. All get used extensively, but not abused. If people are careful with their products, and the install is good, they will be fine, same as with car audio.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

My dad has had his Panasonic 50" plasma for 5 years now, no fading, no burn in, no issues whatsoever. And my mom has had 3 hdtvs for over 4 years, two of which are plasmas, 1 of which is an lcd. Again, no problems whatsoever with any of them. All get used extensively, but not abused. If people are careful with their products, and the install is good, they will be fine, same as with car audio.

True... the tech I used to go out with all the time said it was usually brightness that kills the screen. And of course a plasma can last 10 years, but a lot of the issues the techs seem to have start after the warranty just expires

which is usually about 2 years.

Just saying out of 10 plasmas, about 3 will start having problems by the end of the second year

but your right, its all how you use it, and adjust it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

just wait after 100 hours of having your plasma and have it calibrated and it will last longer not burn in ever and not run hot. best buy can do it for like $200 its worth the money after you get the time put on the plasma.

the organic led's like the samsungs look great but still not as good as a plasma. but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. but plasma is still going strong and on higher end equipment will be going strong until they can get some lcd stuff better like the brightness and refresh rate. but with 240hz technology coming out it might not be to long.

That tv will upconvert to 1080 it will look very close to 1080. And that is a super price. Hell I would pay that to use it on my computer.

No it won't. The native resolution of that TV is 1366x768. So, everything you send the TV, whether it be SD channels or Blu Ray will be scaled to 1366x768. Fixed pixel displays always show their native resolution.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M