Second Skin Audio

2008 2500hd (nbs)

I have a 08" 2500 hd, been waiting and waiting to start my stereo, i have been comtemplating on doing a prebuilt subthump box or building my own.

(link to the box) http://www.subthump.com/cxb07.htm

i was thinking getting the dual 10" downfire box, which has .59 in each chamber, with a mounting depth of 5.75"s. it holds two 10's or 2 8"L7 (squares im assuming)

i was looking around at subs, how do you think 4 8's would sound compared to the choices above? i have heard 4 8's that actually sounded great. im just confused. im not too concerned with sq.

suggestions?

thanks in advance.

id i wanted to do some dd 1508's... what would be my best option. 1? 2? with a ported box?

i hate not having a bunch of room.

and i actually did some measuring, i can get 1.80 cu ft (total) under the seat.

Edited by skynoverya550

sounds like you could maybe squeeze 2 in. the DD page recommends between 1.5 and 2.25 for 2 8's after port and sub displacement, and the recommended port for the 1.5 cube box is about .3 cu ft, which brings you to 1.8 before subs. those 1508s are just under .05 each, so the total box volume comes to 1.9 cubes. which is pretty close to your estimate, but you would really need to go out and measure it and crunch the exact numbers to see if it will fit

sounds like you could maybe squeeze 2 in. the DD page recommends between 1.5 and 2.25 for 2 8's after port and sub displacement, and the recommended port for the 1.5 cube box is about .3 cu ft, which brings you to 1.8 before subs. those 1508s are just under .05 each, so the total box volume comes to 1.9 cubes. which is pretty close to your estimate, but you would really need to go out and measure it and crunch the exact numbers to see if it will fit

im going to have to shim my seat up! i really want to fit two in there. every box that is premade for my truck is a downfire box, if i built it the subs should be firing towards the front seats yes? same with the ports?

i've done several underseat boxes for the dd 1508's. build your sides, front, back and top out of wood. once you get it all together, test fit it to make sure it will work. turn the box over and stretch some fleece and staple it in place. you should end up with a perfect contour of your floor. start glassin the bottom. when your done if you have 1.5 afterall displacments use 2 4" ports 21" long. it will slam.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

i can get 2.6cuft under that seat.

actually doing 1 today.

build the perimeter, set it in the truck, make the carpet inside the box, cut the carpet out.

foil the floor, set the box back in and fiberglass the bottom.

do it all the time.

2 dd 8's will work fine.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i can get 2.6cuft under that seat.

actually doing 1 today.

build the perimeter, set it in the truck, make the carpet inside the box, cut the carpet out.

foil the floor, set the box back in and fiberglass the bottom.

do it all the time.

2 dd 8's will work fine.

Ray,

If you already have the dimensions for my application, what would you charge to build me a box?

Also do you think the 2 dd1508 would be my best bet as far as straight bass ( hitting the hardest) maybe you could give me some suggestions. If the dd's would slam, what power would be sufficient for them.

as far as building a box, go see braeden at freeland kustoms

he is also a dd dealer.

i charge 650 for that box.

yes it slams

What would i do"?

either 1 lv4 10 ported or 2 dd 1508's

dd's want 800 to the pair

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

as far as building a box, go see braeden at freeland kustoms

he is also a dd dealer.

i charge 650 for that box.

yes it slams

What would i do"?

either 1 lv4 10 ported or 2 dd 1508's

dd's want 800 to the pair

Wow small world, I just talked to brayden about some us amps he had for sale, his shop is about 20 minutes from me. Ok well thanks I will give him a call.