Sonic Electronix

i have my intelli Q off cause i dont know what it does can somebody sum it up for me

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn nobody can help me. I guess i gotta make a stupid ass thread to get a answer

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd like to know as well i have a 2500, but dont use the bass boost, i suppose its just like any other bass boost though

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

thanks for giving some imput man ^_^

I don't know car amps that well, but from the name I'm guessing it's some sort of crafty amp circuitry to dynamically vary the Q (damping factor) of the sub, much like an aperiodic vent (not a port!!) does in a box.

Another alternative way of dynamically varying the Q of a sub is to use a DVC driver and hook the second voice coil to an amp as normal, but the second one is "shorted" with a pass inductor/resistor arrangement which varies the resistance (not impedance) put across that coil. Since that coil isn't being driven and it's being pulled through the magnet's field by the driven coil, it offers mechanical resistance proportional to velocity and electricak resistance put across that coil. Very complex and hard to get right - I've only seen in done in home audio, but it allows a much smaller box whilst having a buttload of bass.

However, that amp probably has something in there which applies a low impedance across the sub to lower its Q at certain points. It probably only works with certain subs made by the same company which are designed for it as the amp needs to "know" the parameters of the sub.

So in short - keep it off if you don't have the matching sub.

Archived