Sundown Audio

Setting Gains

Beckett

my battery voltage is only 13.8 volts for some reason (may well be because it's an old stock battery) my old car battery was always at 14.4, when setting the gain does the formular need to change becuase of the lower voltage?

100 x 4 = 400 square root = 20 volts. is that still the target voltage i'm lookin for when settin the gain? for my 100 rms..

Thankss

Xxx

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rmschartpm5.jpg

dunno if that helps at all, let me know if it does

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

that should be all he needs.

i used this chart last week to set my gain and i noticed much clearer and cleaner bass. not to mention my chances of clipping dropped down too.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Archived