Do I Really Need An Extra Battery?

so im building my astro i have 2 PBX ES 15D - 15" and will be powered by one PBX ASA-1500.1D amp..speakers are powered only by stereo for now..so im only gonna have one amp on the car...do i need an extra battery?. i can get a 2 farad capacitor..would that be enough?..im not looking to win competitions or anything like that just want to have some :hairtrick: in my car lol..

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

Edited by aquito

Throw an hc1400 up front and call it a day! my 97 astro has the original alternator on it and it's around 12 years old now.... Solid little beasts, as far as the battery put a stronger one up front and it should work out just fine. You can still add the cap at a later time if needed.

Edited by Soulman07

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

will it help if i use 0 gauge cables? or 4 gauge would be ok? and for the subs 8 gauge right?

0 guage is the only way to go especially when running much over 1000 watts over a length of the vehicle off the stock battery and alt.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

will it help if i use 0 gauge cables? or 4 gauge would be ok? and for the subs 8 gauge right?

The astro engine is so compact and small as far as the runs from the alt to battery and ground ect... I don't think you'll notice a difference to be honest. The factory wire on my astro was 4 gauge. Running 0 gauge to the back I would recommend. 8-12gauge for speaker wire

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

ok cool...so if i run from the stock battery 0 gauge to the amp and have a 2 farad cap i would be ok...is the cap gonna help at all? where can i get cheap 0 gauge cables? how much cable should i buy? 25 ft ok or too much?

Edited by aquito

you should deff be good with what you got. if its one amp you are fine, its not tremendous power but will do the job, and as long as thats all youre runnin have no worries. now once you add another amp for your mids and so on you will need some more power, until then just sit back and relax while the bass hits.

theres always work in progress

ok cool...so if i run from the stock battery 0 gauge to the amp and have a 2 farad cap i would be ok...is the cap gonna help at all? where can i get cheap 0 gauge cables? how much cable should i buy? 25 ft ok or too much?

wouldnt even worry about a cap.....just my belief....but they are just over priced volt meters.

Edited by stretchnutz78

theres always work in progress