Sonic Electronix

Need Some Help Picking A Amp/box For Alpine Type R's

Ey wussup, im new to this forum and to car audio in general, but i just have some questions because I don't want to make the same mistake Ive made before.

to make a long story short, I got these cheap ass 2 12" spx subs/amp combo at pepboys for $60. I thought it was a great deal at the time and it was my first subs... But they ended up being not much better than my stock speakers.

So this time I want to do this right and get some shit that really bangs. :hairtrick: I have done a little research and have found the Alpine Type R's to be the best bang for the buck.

Here the links of what I am planning on buying:

2 Alpine type Rs 2 ohm

A Hifonics Brutus 1200 watt amp

and a Atrend ported box for 2 12's

So if you could please answer these questions that I have:

1. Would you reccomend a different amp for the type r's?
  2. Is there any other better boxes out there (either ported or sealed, i havn't decided which i want yet)?
  3. Is there a better and cheaper site to buy from other than amazon?
  4. Will the 2 ohm sub work with the amp?

And any other recomendations would be great. Thanks for the help

Yay... another bangin.... Welcome to the club!!!

Edit: I would highly recommend... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42354

and I Sae-1200d or Saz-1000.

Edited by banginAltima

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

yea, I would love to go with better subs, but right now my budget is very low so I can't really go for those subs and it seems all that I can afford that is pretty decent is the apline type r's.

there saying a sundown amp, like the sae 1200, instead of the hifonics amp. it will run perfectly with ur subs. i would also recommend building ur own box instead of buying that prefab box. also if you running 2 type r's you need to get the dual 4 ohm coil configuration. this will allow you to wire it down to a 1 ohm load at the amp.

Edited by loganuf

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

So if you could please answer these questions that I have:

1. Would you reccomend a different amp for the type r's?
  2. Is there any other better boxes out there (either ported or sealed, i havn't decided which i want yet)?
  3. Is there a better and cheaper site to buy from other than amazon?
  4. Will the 2 ohm sub work with the amp?

And any other recomendations would be great. Thanks for the help

Those subs will work with that amp but you will want more power.

Don't go prefab. Build your own ported box or try to find someone local to build one for you.

Search around.

For a 1ohm stable monoblock amp you will want a pair of dual 4ohm subs.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Don't go prefab. Build your own ported box or try to find someone local to build one for you.

Search around.

more than 1200 rms to a pair that takes 1000 rms? if he was sure of what he was doing I'd say get a 1610 but he doesn't seem to knowledgeable.

the 1210d amp is the better choice just make sure you buy authorized if you want a warranty. i.e. a dealer like me or online only OCS has warranty for hifonics. regardless of what they say anywhere else you do not have a warranty at all. If all you can afford is a prefab then do it for now but build or have built a custom tuned box and those subs will sing for ya'. and definately get the dvc 4 ohm subs.

Edited by SicAudio

Search around.

Ok thanks, so would this wiring diagram work fine if I get the 4 ohm type r's connected to the hifonics 1210d

2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

more than 1200 rms to a pair that takes 1000 rms? if he was sure of what he was doing I'd say get a 1610 but he doesn't seem to knowledgeable.

the 1210d amp is the better choice just make sure you buy authorized if you want a warranty. i.e. a dealer like me or online only OCS has warranty for hifonics. regardless of what they say anywhere else you do not have a warranty at all. If all you can afford is a prefab then do it for now but build or have built a custom tuned box and those subs will sing for ya'. and definately get the dvc 4 ohm subs.

thanks man, yea I don't really have the time or money to get a custom tuned box right now. So how would I figure out what this box is tuned to