Sonic Electronix

ok guys i am in desperate need of sound deadener and dont want to spend a lot. like less than 150. i am needing to do roof hatch and a bit on doors. so...... is fat mat good stuff?? and would 100 sq ft be good enough?? i am really needin to cut down roof noise cuz it sounds like SHYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so..... any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Ryan

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg

I have it in my Civic. On both doors, whole trunk area, rear quarter panels, front fenders, inside the cab. Just not on the roof. I have a wall so only a little of my roof actually is exposed. It doesn't rattle. It actually made a difference in my car. I installed most of it at my firestation while on duty and when i would treat a panel I would have the guys come out an knock on each of my panels and see if they could tell which one sounded more dead than the other. Every time they could tell the door that I treated. It deadened it that much. These guys weren't even into car audio. Now some people say it peels off. Mine has never peeled off. In fact I put it on with a home made roller made out of a wooden mop handle and a caster. When I rolled it on it was there. It gets over 100 degree's F. here in Mississippi. I have never had any peel off. I ain't dissin the other more expensive brands, but depending how you apply it I BELIEVE that makes all the difference. Mine has held up for 2 years so. Judge for yourself.

i have a 93 civic hatch and bought 100 sq ft. of fat mat for my hatch. i love it at the time of first install i was running 2 fosgate p2s and a us amp md3d and it actually stopped most of my rattles except for the roof wing. still cant get ti to quit rattling. i got mine on ebay and only spent like 140 or so on it. i think its worth it. mines been done for about 6 months only peeling is where i had a bottle of oil in my hatch spilt over. but other than that no problems although i did use a heat gun to melt mine in place too

93 Civic Hatch

kicker components in doors

TermlabDbsealedonmusic-1-1.jpg

[ak11667] 12:12 am: hook the speaker outputs up to your nipples and turn the gain all the way up

I have 20 square feet in the trunk of my mustang and its been their for 1 1/2 years but some is coming undone and it was all rolled on but its melted in high temps and the upper parts of the spare tire well are loose while the bottom is fine. So caution if your gonna do your roof which is gonna take a beating from the sun it could melt onto your liner and make a hell of a mess. I know you need it bad but go for long term investment Im about to do my car up in Damplifier and if I have enough left replace the FatMat but thats just my 2 cents

Archived