white4d96 Posted May 1, 2009 Report Posted May 1, 2009 The crummy prefab box I am stuck with at the moment has a tendency to 'walk' or 'float' or something on high-ish notes, making the bass sound REALLY shitty...I thought my subs were blowing up! I put my hand on the box and put my weight into it and the noise goes away. How can I get rid of this? PS-I know, prefab=BAD. It came with the subs and I can't afford to build a ported box yet. Too many projects, too little time...
fischy fisch Posted May 1, 2009 Report Posted May 1, 2009 get some money quick sonds like the box is breaking happend to my buddy 15's lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
white4d96 Posted May 1, 2009 Author Report Posted May 1, 2009 Holy crap! I might peel the carpet off it and check. Too many projects, too little time...
eliassami5 Posted May 2, 2009 Report Posted May 2, 2009 is it anchored to the floor?.... 91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep Just Empty Every Pocket 96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x [sPL_4_U] HiFonics - Alpine Pioneer - Clarion Infinity - Kicker KnuKonceptz
fischy fisch Posted May 3, 2009 Report Posted May 3, 2009 pull the carpet off or buy a shit ton of brackets to help hold it to gether and if you get the brackets get the supplys for a new box it happend to me with 2 15's thought they were blow but i looked at the box and the whole thing was flexing and it looked like king kong was trying to get away i swear if the carpet would of rip in one place the box would of exploded perfab boxes suck lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
white4d96 Posted May 4, 2009 Author Report Posted May 4, 2009 That box was horrid; no wonder it was free! molded and mildewed on the outside, and all sorts of cracks in it. New box built with port specs from crutchfield, not the best idea, but it will hold me over for now. pics soon. Thanks guys! Too many projects, too little time...
fischy fisch Posted May 4, 2009 Report Posted May 4, 2009 told you perfab boxes like to explode lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.