Sundown Audio

Hifonics 2010 Models Underated?

eliassami5

my hifonics is rusty...he said 2600, i asumed it wasnt a 2608....it is, i just looked closer (10inch laptop ftl)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

neutral

newer ones have inflated ratings, especially in the lower end ones

i honestly would be surprised if it did 2600 wattsrms, but honestly the difference between 2000 and 2600 may only be a DB, so its not like something you would notice as a night and day difference (2.8 db gain or something silly like that is equal to a doubling of power or a doubling of cone area, everything else held constant.)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

My Hifonics BXi1208D

@12 volts

4 ohm 1% THD 285 watts

4 ohm 10% THD 361 watts

2 ohm 1% THD 435 watts

2 ohm 10% THD 544 watts

1 ohm 1% THD 625 watts

1 ohm 10% THD 890 watts

@14.4 1 ohm 1% THD 730 watts

1 ohm 10% THD 900 watts

86 % effectiveness

bg_flag.gif

eliassami5 I noticed this my first day on this site. Their are people who will say this is better than that and back and forth, I call them fanboys that just ride the banwagon and go with everyone else point of view.

But their are a hand full of people that I can name off the top of my head that will tell you the truth.

This is what I do just go in the chat or roam the forums and ask dumb questions at first and see who tells you the truth, then ask your smart questions and repeat soon you will know who rides the banwagon and who tells the truth, just to name a few that I will deal with is James, Bills, King, Caddy, TeamRf, Sable, Rusty, David, DHF, their are a few more I just cant think of their names off hand but these guys will tell you the truth.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

proving it makes the power because it has high enough fusing is just as good, but just how a t4k only draws 50amps at 8ohms and has a 500amp fuse, big fuse doesnt mean big power (although it strongly suggests the possibility)

Off topic I know but I think the T4kw draws a lil more than 50A at 8ohm.. my T4kw did 1200rms at 8ohm :D

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

• 5 years later...

fuse ratings mean nothing.that 14v figure implies no voltage drop. What will voltage drop too?Most larger Hifonics amps are Underrated. And 90% efficiency can be seen in the class D models.My tests on XX Goliaths and my XXV Maxximus showed actual power well over rated power

Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go

Archived