False Alarms? Why Would This Happen?

it flat out sounds like a faulty unit all together

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Have you checked the battery? a battery with dead cells will cause this to happen when the voltage drops. I believe he has a kinetik hc1400 under the hood, correct? Let the truck sit over night & test the batter voltage in the morning. I know that a normal battery should read 12.6 - 12.8 volts after sitting idle for several hours. Anything less than 12.6 volts & ther battery has been damaged.

I know for a fact that Kinetik batteries are not designed to crank your vehichle. These are quotes from kinetiks website:

How do I install my Kinetik Power Cell? -Installation Location

Kinetik Power Cells can be mounted anywhere in a vehicle since they are sealed, non-hazardous and do not leak. We recommend installing the Power Cell close to where it is needed for best performance. When you install amplifiers or other electrical equipment in the rear of a vehicle you should try to provide power as close as possible to the load for maximum current and voltage. The best case scenario is to have the Kinetik model numbers match the demand near the load. If you add 1200 watts in the rear of a car then try to add 1200 in the rear if possible.

The proper charging range for Kinetik Power Cells is between 13.5 and 14.4 volts. Any quality battery charger will stay in this range. To “bulk” charge or quick charge your Power Cell for one to three hours use voltages between 14 and 14.4 volts. To saturate (fully charge) or maintain your Power Cell for extended periods of times up to months at a time, use a float voltage between 13.5 and 13.8 volts.

Kinetik Power Cells rest at 13 volts after being fully charged and allowed to cool. Most car batteries rest between 12.6 and 12.8 volts. If your voltage is lower than this on a vehicle after being allowed to cool down with the motor off, check your battery and alternator immediately.

If the voltage on that battery is less than 13 volts, I'd be willing to bet you have found the problem.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

If you guys double checked everything with the install & it is all correct, there are only 2 options left.

#1: Bad battery

#2: Faulty brain

This really sucks! I was really hoping that it was something simple! Keep me posted on the battery issue.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

If you guys double checked everything with the install & it is all correct, there are only 2 options left.

#1: Bad battery

#2: Faulty brain

This really sucks! I was really hoping that it was something simple! Keep me posted on the battery issue.

PM sent

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

im callin BS...cant blame the battery. he has 2 batteries that are in line and wired TOGETHER. both batteries are good. alarm systems are a 12 volt product. no way seeing a 12.6 is going to make the alarm go faulty..anything below 12 i can see it happening...seen it happen at people at my work. hell went out with a DMM a few times and people sat at 11.6V and there alarm went wacky...its below 12 not no 12.6 and i know his batts arent bad.

its a faulty brain and needs to be swapped out.

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

FYI Kinetik Power cells are supposed to rest @ 13.0 volts. If they are less than 13.0 volts the battery has been damaged in some way shape or form. The brain is getting swapped out for a new one. We will get to the bottom of this issue one way or another. I warranty all my stuff 100% of the time. I have sold several other alarms to guys on this site. Customer service is my #1 priority. I'm going to get the man a new brain & hopefully that will fix the problem. I have been in business for 4 years & this is the 1st alarm that I have had to send back. The only reason that I am questioning the battery (s) is that I would hate to go through all thr trouble of shipping the brain back & swapping it out only to have the same problem with the new brain. Not we have wasted more money on shipping. Never the less, it's getting handled ASAP & hopefully it was a faulty brain.

Keep me posted if you discover anything else that might be causing this. Thanks.

dj2q.jpg

FYI Kinetik Power cells are supposed to rest @ 13.0 volts. If they are less than 13.0 volts the battery has been damaged in some way shape or form. The brain is getting swapped out for a new one. We will get to the bottom of this issue one way or another. I warranty all my stuff 100% of the time. I have sold several other alarms to guys on this site. Customer service is my #1 priority. I'm going to get the man a new brain & hopefully that will fix the problem. I have been in business for 4 years & this is the 1st alarm that I have had to send back. The only reason that I am questioning the battery (s) is that I would hate to go through all thr trouble of shipping the brain back & swapping it out only to have the same problem with the new brain. Not we have wasted more money on shipping. Never the less, it's getting handled ASAP & hopefully it was a faulty brain.

Keep me posted if you discover anything else that might be causing this. Thanks.

I appreciate it. :)

Im just hoping it will fix the problem.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

so your telling me every single kinetik has been damaged? ive had a total of 2 600s, my 2400, my 1800 and i checked many others...including coltons and all ready 12.6-12.8 your saying all those batts are messed up?

theres been times where i shut off my truck and watched the voltage dwindle down...over time it dropped back down to 12.7

i just dont see that happening. thats not a precise fact. im skeptical of that. until i find proof from kinetik directly i call BS

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

I know from experience that a bad battery will cause this to happen, even if it is sitting at normal voltage levels. A bad cell in the battery will easily cause the symptoms described.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Archived