False Alarms? Why Would This Happen?

The shock sensor issue sounds like a problem I run into everynow and then. Your shock sensor is feeling motion even when it's not armed, and usually you can see an LED blink on it when it's bumped, so check and make sure it's all good there. With that being said, I had a problem where whenever I would slam my door shut and immediately hit the arm button it would pick up the motion of the truck still rocking a tad bit from the door being slammed.

Try closing your door, then giving it a few seconds for the vehicle to get still, then arm it and see what happens.

rocking the car won't cause the shock sensor to set off. The shock sensor is set off by vibrations.

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

Ok I guess I'll have to give you "PROOF" directly from Kinetiks website!

Click on this link! http://www.kinetikaudio.com/faq.asp

Scroll down to the following paragraph & read!

Kinetik Power Cells rest at 13 volts after being fully charged and allowed to cool. Is that enough "PROOF" for you?

keyword....fully charged...when the last time he let his..let alone a LOT of people let there vehicle sit on a charger overnight on a slow charge to let it get up to a full charge....dont say the alt charges them batts fully. blaring your stereo wears down your batts and doing a qiuck drive for 10-20 minutes doesnt fully charge your battery. so not sitting at a full charge doesnt mean its a "bad cell" i highly doubt most batterys once left the factory ever see a full charge in the lifetime ever again.

a battery with an absolute full charge is like having an amp run with 14.4 volts while full tilt. yea doubt it.

and even if they dont sit at 13 volts and they sit at a 12.6-12.8 V charge it wont set off the alarm wacky until it gets BELOW 12 volts.

i respect the fact that you showed me " proof" but that disclaimer of AFTER A FULL CHARGE puts a damper on your back up. also if he had a bad cell he would sit BELOW 12.6..he would be in the 10s or less.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Man how can Viper come out with something and no make it anymore within like 6 months?

Now everything has to come out. wires replace, and then redone all over gain. so that my brain can be sent out for repairs... :(

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Actually I'm pretty sure you can just send the brain.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Man how can Viper come out with something and no make it anymore within like 6 months?

Now everything has to come out. wires replace, and then redone all over gain. so that my brain can be sent out for repairs... :(

?

Just send in the brain... and directed will send just a brain back.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Please read this entire paragraph (which I quoted directly from Kinetiks website):

Professionally check your alternator and charge then load test the starting battery. When lights are dimming people have a tendency to add power storage devices instead of checking to see what the real problem may be. If and alternator or front battery is bad then adding more power will only temporarily solve the problem until the new Power Cell is dead too. The reason the lights stopped dimming when adding the Kinetik Power Cell was because you ‘recharged’ the car with the new cell instead of replacing the alternator or battery that was bad. Kinetik Power Cells rest at 13 volts after being fully charged and allowed to cool. Most car batteries rest between 12.6 and 12.8 volts. If your voltage is lower than this on a vehicle after being allowed to cool down with the motor off, check your battery and alternator immediately.

Now answer this question:

Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on a Kinetik Power Cell if you were not planning on using it correctly? If it's not fully charged, it's not working up to it's full potential!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Please read this entire paragraph (which I quoted directly from Kinetiks website):

Now answer this question:

Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on a Kinetik Power Cell if you were not planning on using it correctly? If it's not fully charged, it's not working up to it's full potential!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Im going to answer with a question:

How many people do you know that actually go out and CHARGE there batteries before installation or they just rely on the alternator to give it its "full charge"?

my point is whats supposed to be done wasnt done. when both of his were put in neither were fully charged. still doesnt make it a bad battery because it wasnt FULLY CHARGED.

when i put my 2400 i didnt charge it prior to installation but i did charge it that night....when i put in my 1800 i didnt charge it prior..but i charged it over night. how many people actually go out an buy a charger. how many people ever even consider it? not too many. i probalby wouldnt use one unless i won one like i did. thats also why i ordered a my plug in MLA. (ordered it before i wont the charger)

my final point yea he may not sit at 13 volts...thats because he doenst have fully chagred batteries....but he damn well isnt below 12.6 and thats far above what it needs to make the alarm go wacky...stop fighting it bro. you got a case with the 13v...you proved that but again the "after fully charged and cooled" is there way of getting away without putting an astrix and a disclaimer

ITS NOT A BAD BATTERY...ITS JUST NOT FULLY CHARGED

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Either way, when the brain comes out wires have to be re-hooked up for everything to function properly. Its 80 mile drive for me not to mention May03lt's time. He says he doesnt mind but I'm starting to feel bad.

I'm going to send it out... Hopefully it comes back without a problem...

This morning when I woke up and just turned the key the batteries were at 13.0 for a couple seconds and then dropped to 12.9 and thats when i started it up. after driving 10 minutes i shut the car off and the voltage sat at 13.5 and stayed there for about 5 minutes until i got out the car.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

thats kool....mine does the same...but when you go to turn on your truck when you get done school today check your voltage right before you turn on the truck. if it holds the 13V charge ill take back everything i said and walk away with my head bowed down.

im also gonna check my truck after not starting it since around 4 pm yesterday i wanna see what i sit at.

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Archived