Second Skin Audio

My Newest Design/build

well i did:

41 X 18 X 27 just in case, and to prove a point

4 X 8 port 20 inches long

i included an entire 1 cuft for bracing, which i bet doesnt exist in that high of a volume... still it will prove the point below

guess what i got......?

4.04sqin/cuft

7.9cuft

20.7Hz tuning

the larger dimensions yeild

3.49sqin/cuft

9.16cuft

19.23Hz

and the defense rests!

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i give up then

imo, triple the port at the same tuning would be a better bet...but thats just what i've been told and have had work for me with the speaker's I have used (so far, everything made by rockford from p1-t2 and older series, every current and some past kicker, every current and some past pioneer, every current and some past jbl) 12-16 has been louder and sounded better (atleast in my opinion) than the like 3 or 4 you have there (and that some like jbl and pioneer reccomend in their manuals, but will admit its just a rough starting point and they are capable of so much more in a proper box)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

oohooohoooh

decaf

what happens if you make it 64sqin like he thought he had? would that happen to raise it to like 30hz?

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

well i did:

4.04sqin/cuft

and the defense rests!

Where are you getting this number? The port cross area = 64.32 in^2

fyi, I am not trying to sound like an ass in this thread. I am honestly curious to where you get your numbers.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

math

mine is the same...like exactly (ok, 4.03....rounding...)

and 64sq in like you said you had in one of your first posts (with like a cube and a half of bracing) got it to like 30hz

just admit the port is half the size you planned, and 1/3 optimal size....

Team DC

oohooohoooh

decaf

what happens if you make it 64sqin like he thought he had? would that happen to raise it to like 30hz?

on the small test enclosure it raises it to [email protected]... ur on to something

Where are you getting this number?

again i shrunk this, because the larger it is the worse the outcome would be

Posted Image

please tell me what isnt correct... besides the fact i made each dimension one inch smaller... since u arent sure... and going larger would drop tuning and drop sqin/cuft

u gotta remember, this forum is filled with people who want to help you

i have no idea how many boxes i designed for free around here...

so im not out to get you... but u need to understand how much better performance ur buddy could have

next time just run the design thru here and you will get a consensus on what would work best

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

well, its past my bedtime, but for real, length*width=area, length*width*height=volume

idk where you got 64 from, but atleast that was on the right track, that 32 you have is all kinda of wrong (even by what you say)

Team DC

If the port is seriously 4x8 inches... ouch. I use about that much port for 1 12" sub in 2 cubes, especially at 20" long.

Also if it's 4x8 inches and you think that gives you 64sq.in of port area, double lol.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Ever had someone point something out to you and you were sure you were right...until you checked your notes? yeah..that was me in this thread.

After having a really constructive discussion here, went back and checked my notes...and I had originally designed the box with two ports. :censored:

I do want to thank decafcappucino and raytard for their input on this thread, and stay tuned for vids hopefully as soon as this weekend with the correct box! :wacko:

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Archived