Sundown Audio

I Give Up, I Need Help

whenever i try to set my gains with a dmm i can never get the voltage i am supposed to. i was just trying to set my 2 saz1500's strapped. i need 77v. turned the gain up all the way and only got 59.1v. hu volume was at 50/62. now here's the kicker... if i turn the volume up more than 50 the voltage goes down. same thing if i raise the sub level on the hu.

ive tried using a differant dmm on a differant amp in the past and i couldnt seem to get the voltage up to where i needed it either. i didnt try going all the way up on the gain though.

any ideas on why im not getting high enough voltage?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i just realized what it might be... since its 2 amps strapped it uses the + outputs from both amps. master + goes to sub + and slave - goes to sub -. i used the wires that go into the subs so i used the + from both amps. is that the problem? ill have to test it again tomorrow

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

got a bass knob hooked up to the amps? is it turned all the way up? do the amps have a voltage selector like the clarion amps do? is it set to 2-6v?

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

did you but one in each amp? and did you connect the negative terminals when doing it?

- is connected from one amp to the other.

got a bass knob hooked up to the amps? is it turned all the way up? do the amps have a voltage selector like the clarion amps do? is it set to 2-6v?

gain knob was not connected. no voltage selector.

on sundowns you take the - from subs and connect them to + on slave amp and then connect the amps negative terminals

correct, that is what i did. but when you test gains with a dmm should you be reading the + from both amps?

stick + probe into master and - probe into slave and adjust the gain on master only

into the + on both amps correct???

Edited by skittlesRgood