Second Skin Audio

Need Slot Port Help

So I am going to build and enclosure for my chevy K1500 single cab. I have figured my NET internal dimensions will put me around 2.4 ^3 and I have 2) Orion HCCA 10.2 with 2000w between the two subs.

I am having trouble getting the correct port length for proper tuning Fq. Some of the mmore simple port calculators tell me with a port 1.5x12" I would need it roughly 12.5" long to achieve 38hz.

I also have the WinISD beta program and its showing 8.78 port length to achieve 38hz tuning.

Anybody have any ideas?

So I am going to build and enclosure for my chevy K1500 single cab. I have figured my NET internal dimensions will put me around 2.4 ^3 and I have 2) Orion HCCA 10.2 with 2000w between the two subs.

I am having trouble getting the correct port length for proper tuning Fq. Some of the mmore simple port calculators tell me with a port 1.5x12" I would need it roughly 12.5" long to achieve 38hz.

I also have the WinISD beta program and its showing 8.78 port length to achieve 38hz tuning.

Anybody have any ideas?

http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

I would go for 20+ sqin of port per sub with that much power. If that port is for both subs, it is a little small.

If that is the port you will use, I calculate 1.5" x 12" with 2.4 ft^3 net @ 38 Hz is 9.75 in long, assuming a slot port and that "net" includes the sub and port displacement.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

OK, those were about the numbers I was getting with my program. I will however make my port larger. Probably go with a 2"x12" slot so that would put me a 24 sq, inches. You say 20+ for Each sub? Orion says 9 sq. inches for 1 sub at 1.2^3 so I was going to shoot for about that volume. 24 sq. inches sounds better to me, this will be one port for both woofers. do you think that will be still too small? I have very limited space so a 2" port may be as big as I can go.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by HUMBOLDT_knock

That will work. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.